Are you close to your MIL

No my husband do not get along with his mother she never come see her grandkids and she is there only grandmother do to my mom is dead. I wish we did have a closer relationship

lilmama29113

Asked by lilmama29113 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes we are close
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• no we are not she is very controlling and tries to convince him to leave me every chance she gets even with me pregnant. and she wants me to name my unborn baby a name i really do not like for my child. she calls the house several times a day. but even though you do not have a mil or your mother maybe reach out to the elderly women in a church. lol women always love kids. when i was growing up i did not have a grandmother around for most of my childhood but many of the church ladies would always sneak us candy during church or ask to take us to the park ect.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 8:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• yes we are close...i love my ex mother in law more though...lol and my husband knows and is fine with it..even he likes her...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My MIL and I used to get along fairly well.
    We never had an argument. She is gone now and I miss her and still think about her.
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Fairly close. She has her faults but I have mine also. It evens out.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Noooo! That's funny!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• laughingThat would be a BIG negative!

HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My husband's mom passed away when he was 16. His dad died when DH was 22, but had a stroke when DH was 15 and was basically a shell of a man since then. My parents have pretty much adopted him. I wish I had even had a chance to meet his mom.
    mom2ben

Answer by mom2ben at 11:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i love her
    hlmommy

Answer by hlmommy at 12:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I like my MIL, but she does live kind of far away and has a drinking problem. She and my DH are not close at all, but when I do get to see her she's wonderful to me and DD. So, I wouldn't say we're close, but we get along pretty well.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 4:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2010