Pregnancy odor overload, yuck! adult content

Does anyone else feel like no matter how much you shower you still smell? I mean this is my 3rd so I understand the reasons but seriously! I don't like smelling bad! Lotion doesn't help and other thoughts?

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 8:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes! I think part of it is that not only is your body changing, thus your body smells change, but you're hyper sensitive to smells when you're pregnant. Plus, you're used to the way you smell normally, so to smell differently is more noticeable than usual.
    Then there's the bladder control issue... And the flatulence issue... Yes, pregnancy comes with an array of odors. It's SO glamorous!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:53 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Hahah I just posted a question like this on another pregnancy website. I wear deodorant, body spray, and perfume and I swear to god I can still smell myself. My husband told me it's because I have testosterone running through me now =P (we're having a boy). My pits stink within a couple hours of putting on deodorant.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I don't know the solution but I remember being very embarrassed at my own odor. That is one thing I definitely DON'T miss about pregnancy! LOL!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i don't think i ever smelled when i was pregnant and i have 3 kids...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No. I didn't smell. But then,I was really slim and had no crevaces and rolls, no hidden skin surfaces etc. that would be hard to keep clean. I only gained about 20 pounds with each baby and was back in my size 8 clothes after a few weeks. I really think that kept me clean and smelling good throughout each of my pregnancies.
    Anonymous

• Anon I am really tiny and fit(only 103 at my prenatal last week). So it's not that.
    Nanixh I hope it's not ANOTHER freaking boy!!!! I already have 2!
    Carriepm did you have a boy or girl? With all the hormone changes it's normal but gross!
    mslksdh

Comment by mslksdh (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010