What is a topic you changed your opinion on in the last 10 years?

Vaccination? Gay marriage? Organized religion?

I noticed today, I am not the same person I was when I graduated college less than 10 years ago.

.science.mom.

Asked by .science.mom. at 8:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mine would be the Death Penalty. The Innoncence Project has proven the conviction of many that have ben exonerated after years and years of incarceration. At least two death row inmates were executed and have been proven posthumously to be innocent of the crime for which they were put to death. If even one person loses their life after being wrongfully convicted..it is too much. On top of that it is 3 times more expensive to house death row inmates than a prisoner sentenced to life without parole.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Abortion- I changed to more Pro-life

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Abortion.
    I used to be very strongly antiabortion. Not necessarily that it should be illegal, but that it was a horrible thing to do. I was very heavily indoctrinated in this issue by my parents and church. However, after having 4 babies and at least one miscarriage, I now feel that there is a huge difference between a fertilized egg and a full term baby, and that there is a huge process emotionally and physically that must be undergone by a woman to turn that fertilized egg in to a baby and it is her choice if she feels that she is ready and willing to do that.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• birth, breastfeeding, vaccines, carseats, religion....and on and on. I now have the ability to see research and other things that I had no access to back then.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I changed my opinion about abortion. I was raised to think it was the most horrible thing anyone could do, and for a while I believed that. Gradually I started thinking it was ok in medical emergency situations (like the mother and baby were dying, earlier on in the pregnancy or something). Now, I'm pro-choice, but I don't think it should be used as birth control like some women use it. I know a couple of women who have had 4 or 5 abortions already and aren't even 25. I think that's sad. My opinion on that is either abstain or get better birth control.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Also the subject of government control. I used to be pretty much a socialist and believe that the corporations were ruining the world and we needed more governement regulation. Well I still think the corporations are ruining the world but I do not think that governement regulation has a good history of helping things out very much except in a few exceptions that mostly prove the rule.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Vaccination.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Homosexuals, Breastfeeding, Organized Religion.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Abortion and welfare
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Organized religion....definitely turned off from it over the last decade, though I still have my own great personal relationship with God. Just one of those things where I realized I was being told to do this/don't do that by other imperfect human beings who couldn't even back up their beliefs with sound reasoning.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010