I know you guys are probably going to think im supid but I recently found out i'm pregnant and I am currently on tour with my band and so is my bf with his band so we don't see eachother much until we're on break. I'm pretty sure neither my bf nor myself will make good parent. We both live the "rockstar life"and aren't the greatest rolemodels. I don't think he's ready to give that up yet.Should I put the baby up for adoption once it's born?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well if your lifestyle is more important than your child,by all means,give your child away.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• if you honestly dont believe you are ready or able to be a parent right now and do not think giving up your lifestyle, I think that adoption is a great option, you would be providing a child for a loving and caring family that could not have a child of their own. You would also be giving your child the best life that you could.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Adoption would be better than abortion but nothing against you BUT the way I feel about any person having a kid is, you had unprotected sex and got pregnant so you should step up and take responsibility for it. I have 2 daughters and couldn't imagine giving them up or choosing something over them.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Wow....do you know about Birth Control? How old are you?
    I think you need counseling. Good luck.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• WELL ARE U READY TRO GIVE THAT LIFE UP I THINK U SHOULD GROW UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS IF U DECIDE TO GIVE THAT BABY UP U WILL REGRET IT I JUST LOST ONE OF MY BABYS MARCH 4TH AND I ALWAYS USE TO JOKE ABOUT NOT WANTING HER AND NOW I WISH SHE WAS HERE
    CEPHIRA

Answer by CEPHIRA at 8:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would. A baby would completely destroy that. Either that or if you are pro-choice, abort. I can't imagine being on tour is very condusive to being pregnant. That's why I waited to try to get pregnant. Traveling constantly makes getting to the doctor routinely difficult, makes getting proper nutrition difficult, plus tours are exhausting....and do you really wanna be a rockstar 9 months preggers. Not that I am pushing abortion, just adding thoughts to it.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 8:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• This is sad:(
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I agree w/ tntmom1027 that is ur choice talk w/ ur bf and decide and if youdecide to their is always an open adoption if u want to see or know the child
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think the wise thing to do is see what happens in a few months. You may surprise yourself. A lot of mothers start out thinking they would not make a good mother. But by the time the child arrives, they couldn't be happier that they have a little one in their lives. Look into adoption, but thankfully nothing on that route can be made final until after the baby is born. If you do decide to give the child up for adoption, I know there are loving families out there. I'd love to adopt myself, but I can't afford the legal fees. Good luck with your decision!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Wow ,everyone is bombarding someone who is obviously trying to be honest with the situation.....at least she isn't sitting there pretending.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 8:40 PM on Oct. 12, 2010