I STARTED TO DATE THIS GUY WHO HAS HIS TWO YEAR OLD SON AND IM LIKE KIND OF LIKE HOW DO I DEAL WITH RAIEING ANOTHER MOMS BABY AND WHAT TO ECSPECT FROM THE BABY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ok, my husband and I started dating when his son was 4 months old. He would see his son on the weekends, in the beginning. When you start dating someone with kids, the first thing you have to remember is that they are a package deal! If you like Daddy, but don't like the kid, you better just go. I fell in love with my step-son. Try doing little things with him, ie. a trip to the park, you and him getting ice-cream, something like that and see how things go. Try to remember that he's probably going through some terrible-two's right now, so cut him some slack when the tantrums kick up. You don't have to be a Mommy right now, but it's important to be a friend to his son and let him know you respect him. Let him know that you know the baby came first and that will always be his 1st responsibility. Everything will be ok, once they both realize that!
    jennw0021

Answer by jennw0021 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If you just started dating this guy, don't even think about stepping into the mom role yet. When the kid is around, be fun and playful and attentive when he is around, pay attention when he is trying to tell you something, and just be attentive to him. Later on in the relationship things will evolve naturally, just remember to not overstep your bounds and follow the fathers example as far as discipline is concerned, and you will be fine.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• You just started dating this guy and you're already wondering how to raise his child? Okaaaaay ........

You don't raise someone else's child until you have married his dad and IF that happens, be sure to discuss the parenting issue before then. The boy may or may not accept you as his other "mom", but you can be there for him as a guiding figure. Don't be like so many ladies out there who overstep the bio-mom's rules. Try to stay on the same page and always, always, always keep the lines of communication open.

Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• ok when i started dating my husband he already had one daughterwho was 2 1/2 years old at the time and a son on the way i know it seems a little strange, but we were dating for about a month and i started baby sitting his daughter for him to save him money. and i figured that would give me one on one time with her to see what she likes and how she likes me. also when my husband were dating for about 2 1/2 to 3 months we had a launch with her mom and we talked sbout every thing from what is her fav. toy to what she does as punishment and what she expects from me. and from there every thing about helping with my stepkids fell into place if you are not sure about something first ask the dad and if your still not sure then maybe you could give the mom a call and see what she thinks. i know it sounds i little strange but if you can get along with the mom then that makes it so much easier on the child.
    mama3g2s

Answer by mama3g2s at 1:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2008