RED LOBSTER

so my birthday is Thursday and we are celebrating it on Saturday...we will be going to Orlando Gatorland then to Red Lobster...Guess who planed my day (my kids)...anyways my son is going crazy since last year about RL he so wants a whole lobster...does anyone know how much that is...? i really do not want to buy a whole lobster for him then not to eat it then wast money and food...WHAT TO DO...btw my son is has never been to RL his 9yrs old we planed my birthday around kids wanting to see gators (don't see the point on paying we see free gators all the time) and my son infatuation with RL...

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 8:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Have you tried the Lobster Pizza appetizer there? My girls really like it - even the youngest who is still experimenting with food and thinks she doesn't like anything! It's a thin quesadilla "crust" with a little cheese and some diced tomato and tiny pieces of lobster.

I live in Central FL and we have a couple of "gourmet" shops in town that sell whole lobsters for $7.99 per pound. Maybe you can get a small one and steam it at home to see if he likes it?!

Anyway - Happy Birthday and have fun! My kids would have chosen to take me to Wendy's! They love the "Baconator"!! Ha Ha!!
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 8:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Not sure about the lobster, but just wanted to say we went to gatorland a few years ago and my son had a blast!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would show him the live lobsters and tell him how they die for him to eat it. Maybe he will choose something cheaper.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• A whole lobster there is probably a fortune. Buy them at the grocery store. They steam them for you if you want. It's much cheaper. My son loves lobster. I second the lobster pizza. It's SSOOO good.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well, it will get better. As my sons got older, my birthday, became, "my day", again. Every year from 2004 to 2008, my friends and I went to the race track and bet on the ponies for the day. It was a great time, then they closed down the race track. But that is my day to do whatever I want, without my husband or my kids. All day, just for me. don't misunderstand, my husband will call me at least 6-8 times during the day to find out when I am coming home.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 6:16 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well you have your answer but you could also do tail to try it. Good Luck! Happy Birthday!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i went to gatorland before it went up in smoke and had to be done over and we loved it...
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• dancinintherain i have done it all...i have taken him to see the lobster at the food store and he looks at it and says yummmmy...the nasty part is that they are alive...he knows i don't want to buy it cuz i keep telling him if he wants the shrimps but his mind is set...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 5BabyBees my kids think i am made of money...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• YEAHHHHHHHHHH I JUST TOLD HIM ABOUT THE LOBSTER PIZZA AND HE WENT FOR IT...YES YES YES I AM HAPPY...THANK YOU GIRLS SO MUCH...LOL I PULLED UP THE MENU AND HE IS A PIZZA LOVER SO I THINK HIS SET...OHHH I PRAY HE DOES NOT CHANGE HIS MIND FROM NOW TO SATURDAY...LOL
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 9:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010