How would you react if your boyfriend told you that he graduated from college with a 2.5 GPA?

But he is smart and has a successful job. Would you break up with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you serious?!?! I'd just be happy I met a guy who actually graduated from college!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• how foolish......you would break up with him becasue of his grade in collage?? NO i would not leave him, my dh dident even graduate high school, but he had a good job and was taking care of us till he got sick.....
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 8:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• WOO! Who cares? He has the degree and a job, why would a GPA matter?
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I don't see why that has anyhing to do with being with someone. I graduated HS with a 3.6 and college with a 3.8, my DH did not graduate HS, but got his GED and went to a tech school. Our education differences have never been an issue for us.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Of course not what differance does his GPA make if you care about him
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Who really cares what his GPA was?? He graduated and that's all that matters. Don't get all wrapped up in the damned numbers. Employers are usually asking what your GPA was.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If you loved him this wouldn't be a thought in your head.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Did he have to fill out an application to be your boyfriend? At least he's honest with you. He has graduated and has a job, that's all that should matter.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Absolutely not!! Maybe he had one or two semesters with crazy shit going on in his personal life that messed up his GPA... but he still kept at it.... you can't base your opinion on such a small slice of his life. Or...maybe he struggled for every passing grade he got, so that means he was in it for the long haul and has "stick-to-it-ness". Either way... these are admirable qualities.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Would I break up with him? Seriously? No, I'm not that shallow. I've never dated people because of their GPA's.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2010