Pet odors...

Okay so we adopted a dog alittle while ago. When we adopted her she was just under a year old and not trained well. Well I was away for a month soon after we got her and when I came back my home was awful. She had gone to the bathroom all over the house. My husband did not keep her in one area while he was working and let her do what she wanted including climb all over the top of the couch and rip it. Anyway I have cleaned my carpets many times and in the bedrooms it seems to be fine now. Problem I am having is with my area rug, which is my favorite. I have cleaned it SOOO many times and it seems to not smell and then it comes back. Any suggestions. I really love this rug and don't want to have to get rid of it.

jroseh68

Asked by jroseh68 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pets

• Natures Miracle. Get it at Pet Smart. It is pricey but it takes out all organic stains and odor. Barf -Poo..it is great stuff.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• thank you, I will def give that a try. I have tried a different brand that claimed to have enzymes before but it didn't help. I just looked up Nature's Miracle online and seems to have great reviews. I really hope it works.
    jroseh68

Comment by jroseh68 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Lets put it this way..My sister and her husband breed Labs for training as hunting dogs. She told me about NM and I thought ah BS. Then I saw the results of using it myself after my Grandmother became incontinent. When my son called me from college that his gf got drunk and barfed on his bed thats what I told him to get. Worked like a charm. Same son last year cut his hand open working in the yard. He got blood on their brand new carpet and on the recliner. They used NM on it and it took out every drop. Like I said..if it's organic. it will take it out.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If NM does not work, I would take the area rug out onto the patio or deck and power wash it. Do it on a sunny day and let it air dry in the sun
    I
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I use Nature's Miracle too. If that doesn't work, try OdorBan - you can get it at Sam's and now Home Depot is carrying it also.

I like the power wash idea too - couldn't hurt !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 4:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Forgot about this - there is a urine remover spray that the DollarTree carries that is really good too !!
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 4:39 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have *never* met an enzymatic spray that could get rid of my dog's odors, so good luck!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 8:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2010