when you get induce does that make your labor more painful?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was induced both times. I got the epidural both times. The first time the nurse made me wait to get the epidural, because she said it would make my labor stop. BULL!!! I got the epidural and it allowed me to relax enough to dialate and open up. The second, I got the epidural after my first contraction. He slid right out without feeling contrations or pushing.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• well it depends on the person body, I know some women who say it is painful and that it burns but then other women who say it is not painful at all . so it depends on your body.
    NICKEY1986

Answer by NICKEY1986 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i had six hours of natural labor with my water broken. and then an epidural to get ready for six hours of pitocin induced contractuons... the reaosn the epidural was given is because the pitocin contrations are intensely hard... so hard infact that my daughter's heart nearly stopped three or four times ... then they had me get an "emergency" cesarean... we knew we'd need it in advance... the hospitals get a lot more money by havign you labor for hours of inducement when they suspect the baby is too big for you, then they can medically code another procedure, a c-section and chareg insurance fo rthatt. i am very petite and a midwife had told me id need a c section because her head was big. any way. i got a fever durign labor of 102.7 and i had violent continuous shakes from it, as if i had malaria... this is because breakign my water they probably let a germ in! so watch out and ask questions all the way thru girl, both of you.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I was induced.. No Epi...
    You just have to learn how to handle labor-- induction or no induction. :)

I did get something in my IV which just made me feel drunk, didnt help with pain at all.. i just had no since of time.. I hated it. i did not want it.. but i still labored naturally for most of it that everyone tells me..

Next time around. Induce or not... i WILL HAVE NO DRUGS!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I had a bad experience with my first pregnancy, I was 2 weeks over due & would not dilate on my own! So Dr. finally induced my labor & OMG! WORST pain I have EVER felt! I'm NOT trying to scare you, this was just MY experience. Anyhow, I NEVER dialated more than 2centimeters, turns out my son was just a BIG BOY!! He was finally born after 28 hours of EXCRUTIATING pain (by C-section), weighing in at 11 pounds! There was NO way I was going to give natural birth to that big boy lol! But I chose the epidural so I could be awake to see my babies be born was just sad I could'nt hold them=( I say "babies" because I had all 3 of my boys by C-section. I pray you have a GOOD experience, God bless you & your baby!!=)
    Neemo421

Answer by Neemo421 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My inductions were both so easy. Took a lot of guess work away and labor was not awful.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes, getting induced is more painful, but why? It's because they give you the Pitocin that makes your contractions come quick & hard to get your labor going! I was induced. The inducement was pud. Labored for a few hours & wanted the epidural. After the epdiural time flew by. I ended up getting a c-section, due to having such a big baby! 10lbs 15oz! Once I experimented it..It wasn't as bad as people say labor is. I look forward to having another baby! It's well worth it, no matter how much pain you go through. You forget it all once you hold your baby in your arms!
    bestmommy2010

Answer by bestmommy2010 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes, inductions are more painful. The contractions are more intense, and tend to be closer together. It also increases the risk of more and more interventions. One intervention leads to another, and being induced increases the risk of ending up with a c-section.
    That said, it CAN be done using natural pain management methods. Work on your breathing and other options.
    Also be aware that with each intervention, you add more complications to breastfeeding. Every drug goes to the baby, and the baby feels the stress of the pitocin.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I don't think so. I got induced with my son and had an epidural just in time. I didn't feel anything except during pushing. Our son came out healthy after 40 minutes of pushing.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 10:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I was induced with my son, but I've never experienced labor without being induced so I have nothing to compare it to. Everything I have heard says that it is more painful.
    kathy5980

Answer by kathy5980 at 1:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010