Should I let my four year old catch the school bus?

Okay I have two children 1 year old and four year old and it is her first year in school I am normally picking her up and dropping her off and it is no problem for me but she wants to catch the bus but I work for a bus company and I really do not want her riding with certain bus drivers and bus monitors. it is just not safe for me but there are other drivers who are okay .........so should I let her catch the bus or not , I just don't feel safe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd give it try one day and see how it goes, and move on from there. I don't think you'll be able to pick and choose the driver though...How do you even have a preference??
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My neighbors four year old rides the bus home and mine ride with him. They love it! I would give it a trial run for a day or two and see how it goes for both of you.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• he's 4! so i say no, but i'm very overprotective. I would never let my son ride the bus at that age.
    lv.42.dy

Answer by lv.42.dy at 8:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If the bus to his school came around, I would. I would give him a trial run and see, but boy would that make my life easier.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Personally i could not...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have a 4 y/o and I decided that I wasn't comfortable with her riding the bus this year. I also have a 6 month old that I have to drag out twice a day to drive 10 minutes to her school. I am like you and wasn't sure but since I wasn't comfortable I decided that I would suck it up and drive her this year and if she wants to ride the bus she can next year. It really hasn't been that bad. I just don't want her to be subjected to what goes on on those buses yet. ALso grades PK to 7th are all on the same bus and I didn't want her riding with 7th graders just yet.
    bbchic

Answer by bbchic at 9:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• no go w/ your gut.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You need to go with your gut on this one. Personally, I'd wait until she was older.
    mom2ben

Answer by mom2ben at 11:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• She is too young to be riding a bus.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 12:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It's a tough call..i have a 5 yr old and i was very worried about him riding the bus this year..but i gave it a try and he really loved it....every day he wants to make sure he doesn't miss his bus(lol)..i do know that i felt safer when i knew the bus driver last year from my other children..but this year it is a new driver i had to at least speak with her and see what kind of feel i got from her..give it a try talk to the driver and go from there..if you still feel the same way..then deff drive him!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010