What do you clean your baby's toys with?

I usually just wash the hard toys with soap and water, or put the stuffed animals in a pillow case & wash them with a load of his clothes.

We're having our first "play date" this week (yes, my 9 month old has never been around another baby! sad, right?) Anyway, I know that the toys will inevitably get chewed on, and I want to be sure that everything is VERY clean both before and after. Suggestions? I've heard that the Clorox Anywhere spray is fine, but I'm just a little scared of putting "chemicals" on something that will go in baby's mouth.

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 11:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I'd recommend not going overboard on trying to get sanatary. It's healthy to be exposed to some germs. hot soapy water is best for toys that can handle it. Even though the products are safe, they can leave behind a layer of chemical or something. Best to avoid those.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Fill a spray bottle with a solution of 50/50 water and white vinegar. It will kill most of the germs and is completley safe.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 3:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2008