Just shows you how unfair life is ...

My 65 year old grandma has worked everyday since she was 15 years old ( had 6 kids by the time she was 20 and was married to a very abusive man) ..... She has had ovarian cancer, breast cancer, and now has so many things wrong with her , severe arthritis, anxiety, clinical depression, she has blood clots almost monthly ( blood clotting disorder), and has a hole in her heart, plus many other things... but has been denied disability several times over the last few years ( she is still working her labor job just for insurance)

My husbands 22 year old nephew has never has a real job, has been in jail 5 times and rehab 3 times ( and still does drugs), thinks he is a "pimp", and steals anything that isnt nailed down... at his last trip to jail he had a seizure and they let him out early ( in case he would seize & die they wouldnt be responsible) AND was just accepted for disability for have 2 seizures in the last 22 years !!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• That's really sad. :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Its crazy...I know.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Go figure. Sorry to hear how rough your Grandma has had it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Life isn't fair...I've always known that unfortunatly.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• That's awful. :( :( My dad has many health problems just like your grandma and he can barely function for the last 10 years, yet can't get disability for anything. I know other people who function JUST FINE and get it. *Sigh* Oh well, what can you do...
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My husband's nephew is always crying disability (and getting it) and he is in his 20's. I think he hurts himself on purpose. He also steals (from his grandma!), drinks, and smokes pot all the time. It is bull. Your grandma deserves better.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• your right, very unfair
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think he probably had good legal representation.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• First, it's so nice to read how much you care about your Grandma.  Believe it, or not, knowing you love her makes her feel better.  As for her situation and medical problems - it's not the first time I've heard about someone who truly needs and deserves disability being denied.  It's not right. Sometimes getting a lawyer helps, but they are so expensive.  I am sorry. I'll keep her in my prayers.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 10:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• It figures... the ppl who really need help don't get it but the greedy a**holes do...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2010