After I was born my mother abandoned my family leaving behind my dad, 2 older brothers and me. My childhood was not the best & about 4 1/2 months ago I found out that I was pregnant. I ended up losing the baby & I constantly think about the baby. I feel horrible but I feel good that my baby wouldn't have to experience this life. I wouldn't have been the best mother. Am I a bad person for feeling this way?

1 of my brothers is 26 and he is currently im prison and slowly straightening out his life. Im 21 yearsold and I honestly don't think I would have been able to support my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• this shows selflessness and that is a good quality...keep your head up, everything happens for a reason : ) (((hugs)))
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You are grieving. Nothing is wrong with what you are thinking. You did not cause the loss. Prepare yourself for your future and your future children.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think it's fine. One day, down the road, you may change your mind. I'm sorry about your Mom skipping out on you guys.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I remember when I found out I was pregnant a while ago thinking that I just wasn't ready. My grandmother had passed (for whom I was a caregiver), my ds had developmental isses (didn't know what it was then) and my best friend was a missing person. When I miscarried I felt so guilty! But I now realize it wasn't my fault. You can't help how you think and feel! And just because your mom wasn't a good mother doesn't mean you won't be when the time is right.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2010