Help!!

my doctor informed me today hes going to go ahead and do an c-section im scared to death i had my first daughter vaginally please i need all the info on c-sections i can get!!

aggheff08

Asked by aggheff08 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you need to MAKE SURE that it is absolutley necessary to have the c-sect first...why is he wanting to do one? as for calming words, all i can say is that i know how you feel--im terrified of c-sect too-- luckily, my midwives let me keep pushing : ) I had to beg tho, because i knew my baby was showing NO SIGNS of needing to be taken via emerg c-sect.....so stand up for yourself and ask questions!!!! GL!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Oh mama, where do I start? I've had three c-sections to date so I guess I'm kinda like a pro :) I was literally scared outta my mind with all three. I think what makes it worse is the fact that there's 20 ppl in the operating room and brightest lights you'll ever see. The anesthesiologist comes in and gives you a spinal. He says "You're gonna feel a stick and a burn". And yeah, I def. did. Then, you become incredibly numb from the chest down. I hated that feeling the most. I guess it's something about not being able to move my legs that bothered me. Anyway, they put a sheet over your stomach that acts as a wall so you can't see what's going on. That's when they make the incision and they'll keep asking you if everything is okay. You may feel a little sleepy due to the medicine, but that will go away as soon as you meet your little one :) It's all over in about 20 mins. Hope all goes well mama! You'll be fine!
    Mommy_In_Love

Answer by Mommy_In_Love at 9:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I am with the previous poster. Why is your doctor insisting on a c section??
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• im only 31 weeks along and he already weighs 5lbs and 4oz on the ultrasound today my first daughter was 8lbs 5oz at birth and i broke her coller bone and it was rough on both of us im a very small girl znd he fears this baby is going to be around 9lbs so he set me a c-section for dec 3rd which is even a week before im due but im just worried about how my stomach will look and the healing process taking much longer
    aggheff08

Comment by aggheff08 (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Babe, I was set on having a vaginal delievery & labored for 11 hrs & had my 10lb 15oz son by c-section. I stalled at 8cm for a few hrs & they said no more waiting. My c-section was pud. Never had a surgery before. To be honest I'm looking forward to having my next baby c-section as well. It wasn't as bad as people say. I was up and walking like crazy the next morning! Just make sure you have someone to help you for 2wks after delievery! They don't want you lifting anything over 10lbs for the first few weeks! (Technically I shouldn't have been able to hold my son). Keep your head up! You'll do just fine!
    bestmommy2010

Answer by bestmommy2010 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• The incision scar isn't that bad. It's only a few inches across, and they do it so low, that only your hubby will be able to see it. The recovery isn't too bad, as long as you take care of yourself and take it easy. Listen to your body, and don't overdo it. I was up and around, resuming most of my normal activity after about 2 weeks, but it takes many women longer than that.
    Can they try an induction? It's kind of the lesser of two evils, but at least you'd have a vaginal birth, ya know?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I had a c-section with my DS and it wasn't as bad as people said it was going to be. I was induced b/c I was overdue and I was in labor for 16 hours and had complications. My biggest fear throughout my whole pregnancy was a c-section. But the worst part about it was being scared. I was scared to get out of bed b/c I thought I would hurt myself. But once I realized that I would be okay I was fine. I was also dumb and didn't listen to my body and then I got really sore. Plus once he weighed in at 10 pounds even I was kind-of glad they took him.

Now my mother on the other hand had me naturally and my brother by c-section and she said she loved her c-sections.
    Good luck, Mama, everything will be okay and this might be the safest way for you and your LO.
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 11:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If you go into expecting the worst possible experience that is what you will get. The incision is tiny and low. If anyone but your husband sees it you will be arrested for indecent exposure. So no need to worry about your stomach. The incision will be made at your hair line or slightly lower. The epidural or spinal block will probably make you nauseous. You will feel some tugging as they bring baby out. Chances are you will be stapled closed for 24 hours then dermabonded and taped. Follow doctor's orders for care and you should have no problems other than some discomfort. They will probably have you walking around within a day or two. However you should avoid high traffic places like stores for two weeks following and as weird as it sounds, don't drive for two weeks. This is for the baby and you are strong enough to do what you need to do. I did it with three kids at home and had a totally uneventful surgery and recovery.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2010