how many activities are your preschoolers involved in?

My 4 y/o takes ballet and gymnastics, and is in daycare 2 days a week. She has no other children to play with, what other activities are out there, and would another one be overload?

elasmimi

Asked by elasmimi at 9:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• personally I think that is more than enough. I think you should fill in any other activities with family time instead. Like pick a day you all have off and take a day trip somewhere instead. (for example, this month there are lots of pumpkin festivals, state parks that are beautiful in the fall weather, etc).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• playdates and swim lessons
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i never put my kids in anything when they were that age. they stayed home with me and had play dates.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 9:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My son is almost 4. He still goes to the home center that he's been at since he was 1. That's it. He took a week of swim lessons over the summer. DH & I both work full time, plus we have an 8 month old baby, and we live in a small town that doesn't offer sports or other programs in the evenings or weekends for kids his age. Right now it's just not possible for us to drive 30 minutes into the city for him to do swim lessons or gymanstics. My parents didn't start me in extra-curricular type activities until I was 6, and I'm in no hurry to start with my son. That week of swim lessons in the evenings about wore us all out! lol
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My preschoolers did not do any extra activities. They were just home with me!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 12:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My son is home all week with me and his younger brother (almost 2). He isn't in any activities. He sees kids at church on sundays and at story time at the library. He will be doing basketball this winter, but that will b e his first real activity on his own. I don't like to over schedule my kids. I think one activity at a time is plenty for these young kids.
    jwaren

Answer by jwaren at 6:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My child is in full time preschool. That's it.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 1 hr dance once a week
    1/2 hour swim lesson two times a week
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My son is three, not in preschool until he is four but he will start IP hockey now because he loves it!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I had my DD in a dance class last year, but she just didn't show enough interest to continue. I just enrolled DD and DS both in a beginner gymnastics class that starts next month. I also take her to a two hour play session every Monday. I think that the activites you have her in right now are great, you don't want to overload her or yourself.
    tonbookluvr

Answer by tonbookluvr at 9:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2010