How much does your 11wk old baby eat?

My daughter is 11weeks old and she usually eats an 3oz bottle every hr and half to two hrs.She will usually eat the whole thing within 30 min in between smiling and cooing at whoever is feeding her. Sometimes she acts like she is still hungry within 30 min of finishing the bottle.She I increase it to a 4oz bottle?Last checkup for her her weight was perfect they said.I don't want to over feed her so I just wanted to know what you all thought.She has been sleeping thru the night(about 9pm-5am) where she will wake up,drink 2oz and go back to sleep for few more hours.She seems to want to chew on everything(blankets,nipple of bottle,binkie,our fingers) Could she be teething this early?

butterfly7909

Asked by butterfly7909 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She can be teething.

I wouldn't increase the bottle if she is happy once finished. I would just try to see if she is really hungry or not. Maybe give it to her more often.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• There is a formula you can follow to figure out how many oz of formula your baby should have per there weight. I dont remember it off the top of my head but you can search it on yahoo or google.... and I must tell you although I know this is very taboo on CM I had a hard time with my son being hungry all the time so I gave him some cereal to fill his belly. it sits a little longer. talk to the doc and see what he/she has to say about whats going on.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• mine was 3 oz every two hours. FOLLWo HER lead, you cannot spoil an infant they need to trust someone, their mommy, will meet their nurturing needs. offer food if hands are to mouth but YES my daughter was teethign since three and four months and doctor and webMD. com confirm this happens. USE NATURAL instantly dissolving under the tongue (not hard ones in water) teething tablets by HYLANDS in a pink and blue label, at CVS. no chance of overdose and they WORK and allow the baby to SLEEP and rest and be calm not freaked by constant pain. i have used these things on my son and now her, and it is a CHARM no crying or writhing in pain the poor things! also use INFANTS ACETAMINOPHEN i have been told by pediatrician it is fine for discomfort just one dropper full every four hours. OTHERWISE the chidl will be restless and freaked out that it is in pain... you wont knwo whats goign on. also mylicon gas drops help crying, breaks up gas
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 2 oz every hour & 1/2 to 2 hrs.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

I had someone else tell me to give her alittle cereal in her bottle before bed.I tried that for about a week and it didn't make much of a difference.The Dr is against giving her solid foods till she goes back at 4months of age.She didn't know I tried the cereal idea.
    butterfly7909

Comment by butterfly7909 (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• but this time your not doing it to make her sleep you trying to calm the rumble in the belly....it's really your decision. Please dont misunderstand my motives I'm not trying to force my way.... :) just an idea. as long as shes getting enough formula per her weight then she'll be getting the proper nutrition.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• offer food if hands are to mouth

She always has her hands in her mouth.Sometimes she don't want anything but her hands in her mouth,chewing or sucking on her hands getting them all drool lol. I have been using the baby orajel 1-2 times a day when she is super fussy which has been alot the past few days.I will def have to look into those tablets and try those.The orajel does not seem to last long for her.I have given her the gas drops as well and I was wondering if given her the infant pain relief would work for her but I was not sure if it was ok to give that to her after given her the orajel so I have not tried that yet.
    butterfly7909

Comment by butterfly7909 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

Thanks Finkette.I will look for the chart thing online to see how much she should be eating for her weight.Few weeks ago she was 10lbs 14oz so I am sure she is alittle over 11lbs now.A friend of mine has a baby girl 4 weeks older the mine and she is at 5oz at a time and is alittle over 12lbs I think
    butterfly7909

Comment by butterfly7909 (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Always remember that her stomach is no bigger than her fist. So 5 oz should NOT be fitting in there. And based on nature, babies are supposed to eat a little at a time very often. Nursing babies do that, but, society has made us think differently. Babies are NOT supposed to eat a lot and then stay satisfied for hours on end..it isn't natural.
    Babies tummies are also very sensitive and I don't recommend any food before she can sit unassisted and bring food to her mouth and chew. Look up "Baby Led Weaning".
    Babies should get between 26 and 32 ounces of formula per day. And that should remain their main source of nutrition and calories until after they turn one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010