how long were you separated before you got back together, and was it worth it?

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 9:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• My first husband and I split for 14 months when my oldest was about 3 months old.
    We got back together, I got pregnant and we split when I was about 4 months along. I haven't spoke to him since.
    So was it worth it? Yes and no. I have my beautiful dd#2 but he was the same way he was before the split. I wouldn't undo any of it though. He GAVE me two precious little girls. Gave- as in he donated and walked away.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 9:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i hear ya thanks... anyone else?
    silverelf

Comment by silverelf (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My ex & I were separated for 7 months & got back together again. We stayed together for 4 years more...was it worth it? NO! I wish I'd never agreed to get back with him. The reasons why we separated the first time never really got resolved. We went to counseling but he really was never "into" it so we quit. We were together for 10 years total. Worst 10 years of my life. It did teach me something though. It taught me how to recognize what I really want in a relationship & what I will not put up with. That being said, I found a wonderful guy after all that & we've been together for 6 yrs now (married for 5). My ex is now just a bad memory. I thank god everyday that I finally left him & found true happiness with someone who really cares about me.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 9:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• thats a good answer, wow.
    silverelf

Comment by silverelf (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• We were separated for 6 months, got back together and have stayed that way (married for 15 years now). Was it worth it? Yes! We learned to be more understanding of each other and while our marriage has not been all sunshine and roses, it has been pretty darn good. (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 5 years and it was worth it, we fought, we hated we learned and now we love each other more than ever...best friends
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 2 months. it was rocky at first, but it improved a whole lot,we are more loving to each other than we've ever been.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yay some of these are so beautiful! good to hear.
    silverelf

Comment by silverelf (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2010