Does anyone work with Zeus (or the Greek pantheon in general)?

I tried SO hard to steer clear of Greek and Roman deities because they seemed so common, plus I felt a strong connection to the Celtic deities because of my roots in Ireland and Scotland. But after about a year of that, I kept feeling so drawn to Hekate, and kept having dreams about her and visions during meditation and the like. So, I've finally embraced it and started working with her (for about the past 6 months, maybe longer) and it feels really right. However, I haven't worked with any other Greek deities, so I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with them.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hecate is my main girl!!! She speaks to the empowerment women all want and she is the protector of women and children. I have asked for her intervention about 3 times in my 14 years of practice (one does NOT call on her name lightly!) and she has always come thru. I don't care for Zeus, but I think most of the Greco-Roman goddesses are cool. I also work with Athena, as she is my goddess energy.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• 'worked with them?' I know I am naive on the subject and all but it sounds more like a co-worker than a higher power you are asking about. I totally Admit I have no idea what I am talking about. That's just how is sounds here on the outside.
    Anonymous

• I consider it "working with" a deity because it's not all "give me give me give me!" or worship or whatever. I think it's a relationship. A friendship. A partnership. I don't expect any deity to just do whatever I say or want. I think that if there's going to be any action, from any deity, they're more likely to do it for a friend who they have a relationship with.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I follow the Celtic Goddess - Brighad
    I do not follow the Greek Gods/esses, but I am doing some
    research for my grandson who is very much interested in the Greek Pantheon...
    Hecate is a very powerful Goddess, and if you feel a draw to her and it feels
    right to you, then it is... and as you know..."If it feels right to you, then it's right for you"
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I honour some of the Olympians as well as some of the major and minor outlying deities but I have rarely called on Hekate. I do give honour where it is do, especially when using magic at a crossroads. For me that was a rare occasion. And I agree with Witchqueen, one does NOT call on Her without trepidation and without cause. But of the Olympians I have a closer relationship with
    Athena and Apollo than the rest. Although Aphrodite and Aries does have a presence in my life, troublesomely. :)
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am also very drawn to Hecate but I was extremely drawn to Isis sense I was very little so I guess you could say Isis has been around me longer (I started feeling really really drawn to Hecate right when my parents first started to divorce each other shes been with me ever cence then). they're both my patron Goddesses I guess. there the ones I feel closest to and I agree with Witchqueen and Isabella about calling Hecate's name lightly. the way I believe or see it is the maiden aspect of the Goddess to me is Persephone, the mother aspect is Isis and the crone aspect is Hecate. I work with two Greek Goddesses and one Egyptian Goddess. and somehow someway for what ever reason the Goddess in Her form as Eris has a presence in my life from time to time I dont know why though.

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am Hellenic Pagan, and follow Greek Gods.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:17 PM on Oct. 13, 2010