Is it rude to ask someone if they shop in the junior's department?

I've been asked a few times and i'm always offended or I feel embarrassed.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 9:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Shopping

• I don't think so, but then again, I suppose it would depend on the circumstances and who was asking.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• why are you offended or embarrassed? do you think you shouldn't be shopping in the jr dept?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Do you mean the kids dept?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Actually someone did ask if I still shopped in the kids department. I guess that's what I meant.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i am 6ft tall and to find clothes for me is hard so if you go to the kids way to go thumbs up
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Are you super short? If so, then yes, it is rude. Do you dress too young for your age? If so, then eh, maybe they're trying to hint that you need to stop dressing like a 15 year old.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'm 5 ft even. I try not to dress like a teenager but sometimes I have to because their clothes are all that fit me. lol
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• They're probably being rude then.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I can wear some of the clothes in the girl's section.. but just wear juniors.. I just don't think of it much anymore.
    I am 22 with two kids -- and I can wear the same clothes as my 13 yr old SIL...
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• If I ever ask that question, the intent is never rude. It's usually a "Man, I wish I could get away with that," kind of thing.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 12:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2010