Question for SAHMoms Only!!

As a SAHMom 365 days a year..... 24/7 is there anything else you did that you did for yourself? I'll give you what I did while raising my kids....

1.Ham Radio and Morse Code Lic.
2. Search and Rescue
3. Got my GED
4. Started my own volleyball club for girls in California

stayhomemom22

Asked by stayhomemom22 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I do tons of arts and crafts :) card making, digital scrapbooking (went as far as designing my own kits for sale now), candle making, soap making, crocheting.

:) if you ever talk to AB4KK, that's my dad & my cousin is KJ4BRF, she's a chemist for NASA and was top 10 in Miss AL '06 & '07.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i have only been a stay at home mom on and off... but i went back to school got my CNA and after this one i will be going to school to get my RN... i would like to work in the gyno department or work with wounds...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I've wanted to go back to work, but am waiting for the right job to work out (schedule friendly.. I have a 1 year old and my husband is deployed). Until then, I really need to get out of the house and do something, but I haven't found a niche yet. I've painted the entire house, done lots of landscaping, read TONS of books... I could use some more ideas.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i went back to school (online)
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I'm finishing my college degree online through my University--- luckily they offer a lot of online courses.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I'd love to start online courses but we have no money for it :(
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If you go to my page and check out my pictures...I have a seed bead project that I do. I take a name or easy picture and hand place each bead with glue. It's time consuming but I get great pictures! Go check it out...it's a fun project if your wanting something else to do...MamaLion or for the rest of you!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I have my cosmetology and EMT,but I got them before I got pregnant. Now I just stay at home but would like to go back to work.I don't trust anyone to watch my son though.
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I was like you...JonahsMom....I never had babysitters. The only time I did was when my hubby got hurt in a tornado and I had to drive out of town to see him because he was in the hospital. My mom, a woman from our church that we KNEW and our next door neighbor who was like our mom stayed with them then....but I was to scared and to protective of my kids.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I make Molby baby wraps and sell them. I also do in home child care, and have been doing ome research on colleges to get my Masters in Accountting online.
    brebear

Answer by brebear at 12:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2008