What is the meaning of our existence and if we screw up, do we have to come back (reincarnate) until we get things right?

cerealmom2

Asked by cerealmom2 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe we each have a purpose or lesson which we are hear to achieve. And I believe that those aspects of our life which coincide with those lessons or purposes are fated, unchanging, while the rest of our life is our own... Because of this I don't believe we really have the option to "screw up." However I do believe that until we have learned ALL of our lessons our spirit can not ascend to a higher level, and we will continue to reincarnate until we have.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• to learn. we live to learn. if you screw up, you may choose to come back and have the same challenge to see if you do better. JMO
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• uhh nope...
    I do not believe in reincarnation but I do believe in God's grace. If we mess up, He picks us up. We do not have to try to be perfect... we already are in His eyes. The performance treadmill goes no where , step off and fall right into His arms of love there He will lead you, guide you and love love love you no matter how many times you fall. The key is to repent, rise up and keep running in that race that is propelled by His amazing Grace.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I believe we're here to cultivate ourselves, our spirituality, our humanity - things like compassion, etc. - our relationship with the Divine and with each other. I don't believe you can "screw up", and I believe we all return to Him when our time here is over, where anything we "missed" will be resolved, if that makes sense.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• That is why I love being a Pagan. I also believe each occurance or life lesson happens for a reason. Sometimes the meaning is immediate, sometimes it takes a while and others we may not know till our next lifetime.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I heard this before. I just thought my Mom was crazy for saying this theory. I believe our chance is our chance, doesn't God except us the way we are?
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i think in life u get soooo many opportunity to make things right after you screw-up :).... but its nice to know if you could come back and make better choices and decision...bcuz life is very interesting :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 10:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Thanks for your answers, I love reading them...light and love to all of you!
    cerealmom2

Comment by cerealmom2 (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• we all make mistake it is part of life but to learn from this is big and to come back as same ,i think i would want to be new person to live a different life and yes i will make mistakes but i will learn them to
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I believe that this Earth plane is just one place where we learn lessons of a certain kind. I think that we CAN choose to repeat our time here but it is not necessary. Or at least not necessary to do it one right after the other - just like time out we may need to spend time in a different plane for a while (and time is not defined the same in those places) to learn other lessons or gain spiritual skills needed for the next time we choose to be born here. These ideas fit with the teachings of my tradition, but I really don't give much thought to other lifetimes including after physical death - the whole point is to concentrate on where I am now.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2010