• In the Spotlight:

What did I forget?

Baby Bag (Used some suggestions thank you!)

1. iPod
2. iHome & Charger
3. Camera & Batteries
4. Cell Phones & Chargers
5. Lotion
6. Hairbrush
7. Colored Wash Cloth
8. Food For Travis
9. Bottle Of Champagne
10. Nightgown
11. Perfume & Deoderant
12. Shampoo & Conditioner
13. Body Wash & Scrubber
14. Makeup
15. Pajama Pants & Comfy Shirts
16. Jacket
17. Flip Flops
18. Pads
19. Playing Cards
20. Video Games
21. Baby Clothes
22. Some Newborn Diapers
23. Baby Wipes
24. What To Expect The First Year
25. Nursing Bra
26. Toothpaste & Toothbrush
27. Blow Dryer
28. Straightner
29. Hair Tyes
30. Pillow & Blanket
31. Breast Pump

ours

Asked by ours at 11:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• wow, you are WAY more prepared than i was for both my kids...lol. Did you pack your insurance card? Or is that in another bag like for delivery or something. You don't have to pack wipes and diapers unless you really want to because they will have every thing you need for the baby...but i guess if you really want to you can. I can't think of anything else...lol...you got everything I had and then some!
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 11:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• oh, do you have a focus object? Dunno if that really helps or not, but mine was a picture of me, my husband and our first child...didn't use it, I focused on the clock even though they say not to, but I wasn't reading it, just looking at it.
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 11:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• you prob want to take a veriaty of clothes for baby and a cap... and lil booties also burb cloths and a blanket for baby... to be honest u prob dont need the straightener or hair dryer... u wont be there for ever..
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:42 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• lol thats a lot of stuff.. u dont even need a lot of that.. MAKE UP? blow dryer? str8ner?...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Everyone I know has said that their makeup and beautifying tools were pretty much useless. They thought they'd want to get all prettified for the post-partum visits and pictures, but by then they didn't care, they just wanted to be near their baby.

That doesn't mean that you can't take that stuff though! Whatever floats your boat. You never know how you'll feel when you're there =]

You seem about as prepared as I am, I have a long ass list of stuff too xD

Oh! And a variety of clothes for the baby is a great idea. You never know how big or small it'll be and it would suck if you only had one outfit that totally swallowed them, yanno?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I took so much stuff....and didn't use most of it, one thing i did use that I don't see on your list is a robe...
    gabby423

Answer by gabby423 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Hmm a focus object could be video games maybe? haha.

I'll probably end up sleeping whenever I can though. As for makeup, the blow dryer, and straightner; the only makeup I ever wear is black eyeliner and I feel naked without it (good thing it's waterproof and hardly ever comes off anyway lol). We'll see if I end up using the blow dryer and straightener. OH I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING! This is a silly question, but can my husband stay in the room with me after birth?
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• yes of course he can stay with u mine washed me up lol
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 12:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Wow, that is a lot of stuff. Good for you for being so prepared. My first time around, I didn't use my ipod or read any of the books or magazines I brought. I also didn't touch my makeup or other toiletries. Standing up to shower was the last thing on my mind!!!
    alysmommy0909

Answer by alysmommy0909 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Of course he can stay with you : D It would be a travesty if he couldn't! Most hospitals will at least have a pull-out bed or something for him to sleep on.

It's a good idea taking your iPod. A lot of people say music is a great focal point while you're dilating and contracting. I've even heard of some people getting to listen to music while they're pushing, as long as they can still hear the doctor giving instructions and such.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2008