progesterone

I FINALLY went to the doctor's today and with all my cycle problems (I get a "period" about every 2 weeks) that I'm not ovulating. So he prescribed me progesterone...I take it for 10days every month, and that should start me back on normal cycles.

I know every woman is different, but I'm wondering who all has been on this, and did you get pregnant shortly after? He said if I have conceived within 6months to a year, and I'm really wanting to to go back and we'll look into starting me on clomid.

dlandrum

Asked by dlandrum at 10:08 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Health

• I took progesterone for 6 days after breastfeeding my DD for 12 months. I got my period 3 days after finishing my last pill. I got pregnant 2 months later after having 2 cylces. It ended up being an ectopic pregnancy. I'm still "recovering" from that. However, yes to answer your question I got pregnant very quickly after my cycle regulated.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I took progesterone after a miscarriage and got pregnant with my son 3 months later
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 10:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well, I didn't take progesterone to get pregnant...
    I took progesterone when I was already pregnant...
    I had a high risk pregnancy especially after the complications I had with my first son. It was suppose to help my son grow and mature inside of me.. I got weekly shots -- 17 in all -- they hurt bad but he was worth every minute of it.. and I still had him early -- but he is a healthy almost 5 months now!
    So, GL!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Didn't take it to get pregnant took it to stay pregnant. Got a shot every week from the time we found out to the time I delivered. It is one of the hormones necessary to maintain pregnancy so if you do get pregnant you might need to continue with shots,pills, or suppositories.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2010