what do u do?

if ur a stay at home mom, what do u do to stay busy, i have an 18mdd and am 35weeks prego, i do the normal cook,clean, play with dd. but beyond that mostly i sit and watch tv, dh works and is away for days at a time. i get lonely ,bored and depressed, i try to hang with friends but latly everyones really busy.

mayo9mommy

Asked by mayo9mommy at 10:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You won't be bored after your baby comes... Believe me, you'll be a lot busier after.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I am a sahm to a 1 year old. I take him to the park, to the Children's Museum, to the library, shopping, to the mall (they have a free play place for toddlers), I take him out to lunch (especially to kids places like Chucky Cheese, etc.). I stay busy and get out of the house. If I didn't, I'd go crazy. You just have to use your imagination, or google "things to do with kids in (insert your city). What city are you in?

I know how it is to be alone a lot, though. My husband works a lot as well, and it's easy to get depressed if you're in the house all the time. I used to stay home a lot because I didn't have people to go places with, but then I realized that my son and I can have fun with just the two of us. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my 4 month old keeps me plenty busy... but i also read, watch tv/movies, come on here (when i have time) and i also do the book keeping for my husbands business.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 10:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I totally know how easy it is to go nuts! We try and go for regular walks...even if it's just to the nearby grocery store, it's fun to take the girls and let them "help" pick out the things we need. I've also found that it can help at home to do a crafting project just for yourself...even if you're not a particularly crafty person, come up with something that's fun to fill your time with...even buying wooden letters at the store and painting them with acrylic paints for your kid(s') room can make you feel like you accomplished something fun and worthwhile.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 10:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i live in alaska,and winter is starting so going places is really hard,not many places to go, and being so pregnant makes me tired real fast.. just kinda going crazy sitting here tho.
    mayo9mommy

Comment by mayo9mommy (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I do crafts.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• i know what you mean , when I was pregnant I was so lonely and bored and everyone kept telling me to sit down, it was so annoying but you can go to mommy and me classes or whatever classes they offer at your local library like knitting or crocheting
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2010