If you are on your second marriage...

...is it better than the first one? And why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes - I chose someone who is a better match for me in many different ways. My first marriage I was unhappy and it was my own fault - I married a creep.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Better in some. Not in others.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• well.. im not "officially" in my 2nd marriage yet, but when we do get married it will be 1,000 times better!! my ex was a jerk and didnt wanna have nothing to do with me or our daughter!! and once he found out we were having another girl he had to go and cheat!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I believe so I was married once before and after 5 yrs. He seemed to show me how he really was a pothead and a womanizer luckily we never had kids then now I am married to a wonderful man and we have 2 kids I can only speak for myself I am very thankful for my dh and kids but sometimes people find love the third time around I guess it depends how you go about it with the relationship.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Im not married again yet...but i do believe this time will be alot better in every aspect... My first marriage is kinda a long, confusing story..but we were never right for eachother from the start...Although I did learn alot from that marriage and I have brought that into the relationship im in now, which has made this one alot stronger and better then anything i could have ever imagined.
    xtatianax

Answer by xtatianax at 5:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• So much better in so many ways, while my current husband can be a jerk (and he usually is), my first husband was abusive and put me in the hospital. To be honest, even if my husband now treated me like crap it would be better, still not something I would put up with, but by comparison, way better.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 4:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• So much better for several reasons. First marriage, I was only 20 and was widowed by 24. I was pretty much a baby and didn't know what marriage really meant. He was my high school sweetheart and we didn't have any children. I then had a 15 year relationship (not married) and had our daughter. I was 35 when we met and was very lonely and just out of an abusive relationship prior to that. I was not in love so it ended 15 years later. I met my husband in 2007. He is absolutely perfect for me. We are in our 50s and I hope to live a long wonderful life with him. I'm in love for the first time in the deepest most meaningful way.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2010