I need to get a job where I work at home. Everything is usually a pyramid thing, or start your own business. I am not good at either. Is there a job that I don't have to have either of those to do? Are there any phone jobs or something?

homeschoolin432

Asked by homeschoolin432 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• These days, probably not.
    Momgul

Answer by Momgul at 10:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• There are jobs out there. I have some ideas and opportunities in my Blog: Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Here is my question...Why is it that YOU think you are not good at starting a business, is it lack of support, training, materials, location, or you just haven't found the right product/service or company for you?

THe thing is everyone always asks about "pyramid scams" and MLM, here is the truth...Pyramid scams are Illegal, it is nothing more than an exchange of money from one to another without the exchange of any goods or service. ALL BUSINESSES and I mean ALL work in a "pyramid, referral" or what have you type. Meaning..if you are doing a Pampered Chef party, and you make 300.00 in sales at that party, yes YOU get a cut, a discount, a prize etc...but guess what, THE PERSON WHO ENROLLED YOU GETS A CUT TOO..and so on!

SOme people dont like the parties and STUFF, there are companies that dont deal with that either, like mine, Just a Service.

Jobs typically, sadly that exist online pay next to nothing..
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I wish I could find one too, mama. :(
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 9:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• It's not a phone job or survey site, but I do swagbucks.It would be something easy to do to bring in a little extra income! It's a search bar you download, use their search engine to search (I use it when I want to go from site to site too for extra chances to win!)
    You earn "Swagbucks" to redeem for prizes, including gift cards and cash on Paypal! Easy to use, easy to earn and really pays! I get about $25 a month in Amazon.com giftcards! No spam!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/isra1986
    MIA0223

Answer by MIA0223 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have heard of a couple. You might want to check out West communications. Transcriptions (but you will need some training) or you can check into typing on line but alot of times that will cost out of pocket or you can check into freelance writing. The only thing I can say is make sure you do some major digging before you jump. Good Luck.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 9:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I work for a 30 year old health and wellness company that is not a pyramid, never have to deliver, no territories, no housing inventory! Would love to talk with you mroe about it honey!
    arbnmom

Answer by arbnmom at 11:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Look for telecommuting jobs on the job boards.

In addition to running my own business, I do freelance writing. I get paid according to pages views and profit sharing of ads clicked. With one, I also get paid for referals. If you're interested in doing something like that, pm me for info.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• There are lots of ways to make extra money online. It might not replace a traditional job as income, but you might want to look at your options between jobs. Earn Money Online is a list of companies that are actually legit!

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Most of the people involved in businesses (and here I mean home based like Tupperware and Pampered Chef type of things) were not good at them in the beginning. EVERYTHING takes practice and education. If you want to get good at something, you seek out instructions on how to do it better and implement those instructions into that task.

Challenge yourself to learn something new that you think you're "not good at" and you'll probably enjoy it! Many people allow the "I'm not good at it" attitude stand between themselves and AWESOME things, step out of your comfort zone!
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 4:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2010