Military wives or GF's

when your DH/DF/BF is deployed, do you go home to stay with your parents? Or his parents? Or do you just stay in the home you already have?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Travel

• When my DH was gone with the USMC I stayed home with my parents, but we didn't have any childrenthen. I think it would be different with children.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 10:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Stay where im at. When my husband and I first got to his duty station it was so hard to find a place that I wouldnt risk going home and having to try to get another place again. Becides its already like home to me so why have to do it all over again
    Anonymous

• I always stayed in our own home. After many TDY's and remote tours, ( and he spent a year in SE Asia,etc.) with kids , I learned to be self sufficient and I didn't worry. It was too hard on my parents to have little kids in their home,I am sure,so we visited for a few days occasionally.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Haven't had to deal with a deployment yet, but did have to go through BMT (With a two year old and a new born). I stayed at our house with our kids. But I've always been self sufficient. My SIL is going through a deployment now and she's stayed at their house with their 1 year old for most of it. I think she has gone to stay with her parents a few times, but for the most part she's stayed home. I do think having kids changes things. I would still have stayed my my house most of the time, but would have thought about going to stay with my family more if I hadn't had kids.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• On the first deployment, I stayed in our home that we had just gotten.. I had my little boy who was one and I was pregnant with baby number two. Now, the oldest is 2 and the youngest is 5 months... this time I will be going back and staying with my MIL. It will be easier and everyone will get to see the boys. It would be different if we lived in the same state or the next state over but I did my first deployment in our house.. so this is my freebie as my hubby says.. plus it will allow me to save an extra 1000. so why not??
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have always stayed where I'm at.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010