How did YOU know that your tarot cards were right for you?

Obviously this is only for those who use and read tarot cards, or have in the past :)

I knew mine were when I held them and felt a sort of familiar connection or something. Plus, with this deck, it's the first time that I haven't had to reference the book to see what cards mean. The meaning just strikes me for each reading I do, and they seem to flow together so much better than my old decks did.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I knew when they caught my eye in the store and I couldn't stop thinking about them. I went over and picked up a deck and felt a "zing" up my arm.

A friend gifted them to me and they've been the best set I've ever owned.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have 3 decks now and the one that i connect with the most is the first deck that i ever got the wonderland deck. Like you said the reading just seems to flow together and the meaning just jumps out to you. I also have a dragon tarot deck that is a wonderful deck but i did not connect well with it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I looked into palmistry and astrology and couldn't connect with them. Tarot just "felt" right, if you know what I mean.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My first deck was a gift from my DH. He said those cards were the ones that caught his eye while looking for a b-day gift for me. He felt compelled to buy them and felt an odd relief when given to me. Those are the ones that I use most of the time. They are the ones I feel the most connected to.
    My other deck I bought because the pictures intrigued me... but, I rarely use them.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 11:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Well, I usually go by the rule of not buying my own tarot; that they should be presented to you; but the deck I have now REALLY spoke to me, practically screaming it seems, for me to buy them. They have never let me down either!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• NO WAY Shellii.......LOL I have the Dragon Tarot too. I got it from a friend that said it didn't connect with them but it is the only one I can read clearly.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I'm not a huge fan of Tarot, but I do use them. They are easier than other forms of divination, but I have less of a connection to them than I do others... So I'm not sure I would say they are "right for me" but I do and can use them, so they aren't "wrong for me" either.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had a deck of tarot cards a long time ago that my grandma got me (rider waite) and i was really excited to learn to use them but never really could get the feel of them. i kind of gave up on tarot for a while thinking maybe that just wasn't my tool, however, many years later i got a deck of rune cards that i was very connected with - it was like when i used to read birth charts (astrology) - the details just kept coming and coming. also the osho zen deck i connected with, but a little less strongly. i don't use cards very often as the tools i have been given by my tradition don't require anything other than a wheel and listening intuitively and i get the most information, very detailed, very specific, very accurate that way.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:59 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Not only did I feel they were right, I was able to read with them. I've had other decks that would give me fits in trying to read them.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I felt their energy...calling me.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010