Anyone???

Diabetic and been gestitational diabetic for pregnancies and picked up real diabetes and then get pregnant again?? How was it different being gestational diabetic vs. a regular diabetic?? How did it affect your body and your baby??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Gestational diabetes only occurs with pregnancy. After the baby is born, it usually goes away. With full blown diabetes you will have it the rest of your life regardless of whether you are pregnant or not. I never had it myself, but, women with diabetes usually have bigger babies than the general population. You will also have the chance of having more health problems, but as long as you take care of yourself, you can maintain good health.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:24 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I had only gestational diabetes and it usually is over right after birth. The one thing that I did not cope with well was with all the weight gain. The increases were too much for me to keep up with. I felt sluggish and that made me miserable. My baby girl at birth weighed about 10lbs but she is now as light as a feather! She doesnt have huge cravings for sugar. My body recovery was slower than I wanted but I bounced back.
    Momgul

Answer by Momgul at 12:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2010