What do you think of a Fetal Heart Rate Doppler? Have you used one? If so, did it help you be at piece knowing that your baby's heart is beating? We used one for our son when he was inside me, and it helped us be at piece.

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 10:43 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes I used one because I was very nervous anytime I didn't feel her for long periods of time (and before I started feeling her) and it kept me from freaking out and running to the ER! It did give me peace of mind that her little heart was still beating away :)
    LisaG10

Answer by LisaG10 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• We didn't use one. Only once did I have a scare because he wasn't moving as much, and half a can of root beer solved that problem lol. He was always moving around.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I got one and it was a piece of crap. I loved the one at my OB's office, though.I remember sitting there waiting for the heartbeat right after I thought I had a miscarriage (we hadn't been able to hear the heartbeat before, even though they said we should have been able to). I didn't breathe until I heard it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I never used one at home. It might have been nice though. My second wasn't an active baby at all, I could go days without feeling her move. More than once I dashed (an hour drive) to the ER because I was worried about her. She just wasn't an active baby. Even hooked up to the moniter with them jabbing my belly, nothing. They made me drink a soda, nada. Turns out, that's just her personality. Even now she's a very "chill" kind of person.

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 11:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes I had one (rented it)... and it gave me a HUGE piece of mind... I was totally paranoid that I was going to go to an OB appointment and they were going to tell me I had lost the baby... I kept it until I had regular movement.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have a fetoscope which has no waves to hit the baby.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:15 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes! I bought one when my son was 14 weeks along cause i was heavily bleeding for no reason (they still dont know why and it happened again at 22 weeks.) I ordered it offline. It was likle 70 bucks. Its like the doc ones not like the cheapo walmart ones..lol..I used that thing almost daily. Cause i was paranoid, and i liked to hear the heart beat. I even recorded the heartbeat and my sis took it and put it in a build a bear so i still have his heartbeat forever :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:36 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Yes, I rented one when I was pregnant with DD1. I bled so much for the first few months and was told so many times that I was miscarrying that I just gave in and rented one so that I could check her heartbeat myself. Once I could do that, I was definitely at peace.
    Patesmom

Answer by Patesmom at 9:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2010