can a private photographer

I was asked this tonight and I am not sure of the answer so I thought I would ask you ladies . If you took your child a flea market and someone was taking pics and selling them, can they take the pic and use it as advertisement with out your consent ? the pic is of a 6 month old baby

Sheleekieije

Asked by Sheleekieije at 10:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I believe that if you take a picture with your camera, the picture belongs to you and, therefore, you can do with it what you want. But......I could be wrong....
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• they must have the parents written consent to do so...if not they could probably get in trouble
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Anyone can take your picture in a public place. They cannot, however, use that picture for business purposes without your consent.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes they can unless you buy it.This happened to my mom when my sister was a baby.My grandmother saw it on display and took out her checkbook and bought it on the spot.
    jamessmom154

Answer by jamessmom154 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yup
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• In our state, they have to ask permission before they use pictures of a minor as advertisement. I donno if it's a state-by-state thing or not.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2010