Places to go over Christmas with an energetic toddler?

Thinking about taking a family vacation over Christmas, but not sure where to go? We're in Los Angeles, so short airplane rides preferred (our kid is extra crazy on the plane). Cruises are not out of the question, but there doesn't seem to be too many options leaving from LA. Where are some good destinations for families with small kids?

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 10:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Travel

• Disneyland! :-)
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• If you can find a Great Wolf Lodge near you, they're wonderful. It's a hotel with an indoor waterpark, and most have an arcade and a spa. They're geared toward families with small kids, and the holiday decorations are beautiful. The lodges are also very clean. Check out the details online, I whole-heartedly reccommend it for a winter getaway.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Heh, no more Disneyland. We go almost every week since it's so close. ;)

Thanks about the tip about Great Wolf Lodge. Closest is either Washington or Texas, not too long of an airplane ride.
    phoofy

Comment by phoofy (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Sure thing! My little one loved it, because there was so much just for her. Mommy and daddy enjoyed having the kiddie camp so we could go to the spa and the arcade for a while without worrying, hehe. Everybody won! Hey, keep us posted! Let us know where you end up deciding to go.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• You could take the Disney Cruise! Plenty for every age. Or you could go to Hersheypark Christmas Candyland.And the Dutch Winter Wonderland (same area) In Hersheypark there are over 30 rides for all ages, Christmas shows, Santa's reindeer. Overnight & Spa pkages.They're located in Hershey, PA. you can call 1-800- HERSHEY or on-line at info@HersheyPA.com. If you go two hours before closing the first night to get your tickets for the next day, you can be their guest that night free. Children under 2 are free. 3 + are $10.05 for one day or 16 for two. Or if you want to go to both Hersheypark and Dutch Winter Wonderland park its a $16.25 for the two of them. Hope this helps. Merry Christmas! You could always come to Montana and go skiing. They have it for all ages. You can rent everything you need and stay in a lodge! Just a thought...
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• prayerpartner.. i love the info that you provided for this post. I find it interesting that just today i learned of Hershey park while browsing youtube and now you post it too. their prices seem more than reasonable. I might just take my family there for christmas!
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Phoofy...I know you are tired of disneyland but i have never been. would you please give me some advise on must see and must do while at disneyland with a toddler and four year old child? Is it woth traveling four hours to visit during christmas time? I live in Fresno.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Man. Uh, I have no idea. Here's a bump for you!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:26 AM on Oct. 17, 2010