Does anyone else get tongue-tied when trying to argue with your S/O?

I think it may be my personality, or perhaps just that I'm more submissive in most aspects, but I have the hardest time arguing with my fiance! I either can't get the words out, or my mind goes totally blank. I end up just going red in the face and spluttering at him. Does this happen to you? If so, how do you handle it?

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• This happens to me all the time, I can't out argue my husband, I am the one always in tears because he has gotten the best of me and he is the one that is wrong, so I came up with a strategy he can't argue by himself, i just go okay and walk away i know its hard but watch the look on his face. he will follow you but don't part your lips, who won that one.
    needhearts

Answer by needhearts at 11:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I start to stutter... I have so much to say and I dont want to forget all of it and so then I start to stutter and get tongue tied! It's good to know that I'm not the ONLY one! LOL
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I get so mad, I either stutter or get tongue-tied and get more frustrated! ugh
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No, but I always think of better come backs later lol. I save em for the next time we argue about the same crap. haha
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• LOL yes I hate when that happens and when it does I try to play it off and walk away.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• yes, I fight hard to recall examples that I need to back my argument. One time, I wrote down all my grievances so I knew them by heart and could pull them out when I needed them. (Tend to argue over the same thing often)....what does that say??? But my dh is a good dude.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• No, but my husband does and it drives him absolutely crazy. He gets more mad that he can't argue as well as I can than he does about what we are arguing about.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• needhearts- I know it sounds silly, but I was always so absorbed in the arguments I never thought to walk away! Definitely going to try that.

allaboutkeeley- I'm just like your husband. It can be the most unimportant thing in the world, and I end up in tears because I feel like an idiot! Be kind to him, it sucks!
    KA91

Comment by KA91 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes almost every time we argue or when I have something serious to discuss with him. It drives me crazy all the time. Even if I think about it first before talking to him. I still draw a blank or think of something after the argument I should have said that would have made my point better.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 11:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Nope...I tell him exactly how I feel.....I try and talk with out it turning into an argument...but it doesn't always work out that way......
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 13, 2010