How Do You Handle Feeling Overwhelmed?

Everyone should have an answer for this! When you feel like everything is crowding in on you all at once, what do you do?

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Health

• Well i used to totally shut down and do alot of crying/laying around..Now 2 yrs later i have discoverd i still have that thought in my mind to shut down but i have found a way to keep myself a float i guess you would say..i stil cry...i may even scream or yell..lol...but i deal with whatever is coming my way and by the end of the day when the kids r sleeping and i can just sit down and think..i write down my thoughts on the day and i relax in a hot bath and usually feel 100% better..next day i feel ready to deal with whatever comes my way ...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Either weep, get into the tub, have a glass of wine or all three at once. To get on with it: I slash things from my life that are overwhelming me. I take too much on at times and then cancel things to get back to a balance.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• when that happens i just want to scream and cry and lay in bed all day..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I would just getting into the tub with lit candle and just relax and soak my worries away... have to pamper urself sometimes. other times I sometimes cry or just lay down watching tv or playing games like sims and etc...
    shygyrl_12

Answer by shygyrl_12 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Try to go relax and calm myself down. Long hot relaxing baths always help
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I cry literally lol when I get time to myself I put on songs that I know will make me emotional and I cry and cry until all the built up tension and stress releases and it really works, I've been doing it for years
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2010