Do you think Mel Gibson has gone off the deep end or is just suffering from alcoholism?

Curious...I'm really beginning to wonder. I think it's the alcohol.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 11:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think its both. I think he drinks and loses his inhibitions, but even drinking, he'd have to be off his rocker to say and do some of what he has said and done
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 1:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• a mixture of both!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I'm not sure. I think a lot of his current problems with that ex-girlfriend of his is because she's manipulative and conniving. I always find it so interesting that in all the taped calls, he sounds like a raging lunatic while she's calm as a cucumber. IMO, she's coercing him into an argument, hits RECORD and lets him rampage on and on while she looks like such a little victim.

Unless you're talking about something else.....did something else happen?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I definitely believe this is a rough time in his life. He's still trying to recover from the anti- Semitic rant he went on a few years ago (which, although I do not agree with, I do wonder if much of it was a drunken reaction from the lashing he received from the Jewish population over The Passion of the Christ) and now this is all happening with psycho-ex....

Well, he's lost a lot of my respect, but I do feel bad for him for the situation he finds himself in today.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I have to agree with All About Keeley. I also think he does have some very serious "issues" that he has to face and get professional assistance with. Maybe a better choice in mates would help too!
    Tehstraw

Answer by Tehstraw at 12:49 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree with All About Keely.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes, good point. No nothing new that I know of. But she seemed to be out for the money in my opinion. Still, he seems to be losing his grip.
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I think the nutcase has gone off his rocker!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 9:06 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I kinda think we get an idea of what people are like based off the roles they play in movies. For example- Russel Crowe usually plays and upstanding heroic character. Maybe sometimes a bit to the point. However in real like he is an arrogant prick....So maybe Mel Gibson really is just showing what he really is (probably with some liquid lubrication in the form of a martini)
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 8:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010