grilled cheese for school lunch?

I've never tried it, but i'm kinda thinking of school lunches..and i'm wondering if that would work? ds has a microwave at the school, they will heat up his lunches, if i make a grilled cheese, and they reheat it, would it be good? it was just an idea, thought i'd ask so i don't go do it and find out the hard way if it was a bad idea lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in

• I think it'd be soggy.......but probably still good
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I don't know how good a reheated grilled cheese would be. I think it would be a little soggy and the bread not so toasty. But I've never tried it so I don't really know!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Why don't you try it over the weekend and see if your ds will like it?
    sandrizzle

Answer by sandrizzle at 11:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I was going to say the same thing as sandrizzle, you should try it out and then you would know for fure.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• that's a good idea...i've never tried doing it before, i normally just give it to them right after it's cooled down..but i've just started working again so i was like hhmm...i'll have to try to remember to make one in the morning and reheat it for lunch this weekend. thanks :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Make it with a tortilla instead of bread.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• *sure
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• my kids do love those cheese roll ups. i make them at home. that is a very good idea! thanks...i can't believe i didn't think of sending THAT to school LOL.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• My kids love cold grilled cheese - it's not soggy like if you reheat it. I would reheat half and leave the other half cold and see what he likes better.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Just make a cold cheese sandwich.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 12:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

Next question in
what to pack for lunch?

Next question overall (Health)
How many?