If you could change when you met the father of your children/became a mother, would you do it? If so, why?

I personally wish I hadn't met my fiance for a few more years, maybe until after college or a bit later. I met him at 14, and our daughter was born when I was 16. I love them both very much, and they make me very happy, but I sometimes feel like I've missed out. I'm not a partier, and I probably wouldn't have had many boyfriends, but I wish I could've lived in a dorm, studied abroad, instead of community college. I'm mature for my age, but I would've like to get more experiences first. You?

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I love that hubby and I met young. We didn't date right away. I only wished we would have waited a little longer to have kids our babies. Just until we saved for a house its hard to save with two babies.
    ednaamelia

Answer by ednaamelia at 11:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I wish that I had my son with someone else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• I love my son with all my heart but I too wish I would have had him in a few more years... like when I was 25 ( I had him at 21) I too would have gone to a university but now had to go to a CC.... But I guess it will just make me stronger in the end
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Yes, and no. I wish I hadn't started a serious relationship at 17 just to give myself some more "free time" or whatever but then again I wasn't spending that "free time" very wisely so it's a good thing I met him when I did lol. Plus, my son wouldnt be here.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i agree with tyfry7496..but i had girls.. still dont like the father though!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• no. i was a free spirit. if i'd met him earlier, I won't have given him a thought. I didn't travel to other countries because I was in bad relationships. It wasn't until I married my husband of 30yrs that I went places like Canada 2 sing b4 3,000 ppl. We were Missionaries in Mexico.Met with the President of Mexico's wife & goverment officals 2 start an orphanage. I would never have done that on my own. Its been wonderful to travel with him. Sometimes we get restless, wondering if we missed something. You did. U missed pain, disappointments, possible abuse, aids, and loneliness. What you have is worth so much more. My suggestion:go 2 a Travel Agency. Get pictures/info/prices & start saving$$;sell stuff; have bake sale;babysit on Friday nites. Put pictures on freg 2 remind u. make plans.it will amaze u how many place u can go for a few hundred$$.I hope this helps inspire u that u still can, but together. Its a lot more fun!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 12:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• even though he turned out not to be right I'd still have to say no. Because then my children wouldn't be who they are
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't change any of it. Everything happens at a certain time for a reason.
    MmmmMamaBear

Answer by MmmmMamaBear at 1:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Nope,my life has been sought of pre planned.I met my man at 27 ,till then I was a virgin 've our ist baby at 29.I'm fully satisfied with my life
    A11

Answer by A11 at 3:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• it's so hard to say what would have been... i mean i'm 41 and having my 2nd child (first one is 19 years old). DH and I got married a couple years ago and were trying for a child, then we starting planning about all the things we were going to do which are definitely going to be postponed with the child if not out of the question. the thing is... we really weren't any closer to doing any of that stuff then than we are now. you never know what life will bring and plans and dreams are simply plans and dreams... but I also feel that having a child for me was a reason to pursue my goals even more - with my daughter I did many things i probably wouldn't have done without that inspiration. and I took her with me everywhere. and she is who she is because of all that rather than me putting everything on hold to raise her.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2010