why is it easy for guys to wlak away?

im 17. and i have a one year old daughter. my bf whos 17.recently broke up with me because he said he dosent feel the same about me. he does take care of the baby. but i really dont think hes grown up that much to take care of her. because he always complains he wants to go out all the time. but we have a baby so what does he expect? andd ive had to spend a year of my life without school and a job or anything..while he still went to school and went to work. i just dont get it. how can he say he wants to do all these things...how does he think i feel? and im just so hurt that he would leave me after all we have been through. so why is it so easy for him to walk away from me...and not care?

cute_08

Asked by cute_08 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• honestly, i believe because they don't know what it feels like to have such an awesome feeling of a little person inside them. and at times they can be very selfish, thinking only of themselves
    toni706

Answer by toni706 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I really think it has nothing to do with him being a guy and everything to do with him being only 17. I think fear probably set in right around the time that he realized that he has to grow up and take care of someone else rather than going out like the rest of his friends and having fun like anyone his age typically does. At 17 he's just now getting freedom from his parents and having some ability to have his own say in things. You're probably one of the few girls he's been with and he wants to see what else is out there. I can't blame him for not wanting to be tied down with a baby; at that age I wouldn't want to be either. Thing is, he signed up for it the day the baby was conceived. Make him be responsible by getting child support, that's all you can make him do and trying to do anything more will only drive him further away from you, and therefore your child. I applaud your for being a teenage mom and wish you all luck.
    Jess6700

Answer by Jess6700 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Darlin' there are men twice and even triple his age who walk away from a w and several children without looking back or regretting the hurt they caused. I'm afraid I can't tell you why they do it even though I am reading a book now called WHY DOES HE DO THAT? I can only tell you that it's not you or your baby that made him leave. I can offer you a hug if that helps. I hope you have a family, friends or other support system to get through this. If not, PM me so I know you are not alone. Hugs.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• It's simple... he's SEVENTEEN. He's not even close to being mature yet. I'm sorry he did that to you! You'd think that a guy with a child could take responsibility & do the respectful thing... but in the long run, do you really want to be with him? If he stayed with you, he would probably grow to resent you and/or the baby b/c he never got his chance to be FREE. That's no excuse... but that's the way people are. YOU make sure you take good care of yourself & that baby... and take advantage of your family for support & babysitting... you're allowed to have some freedom too.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• omg i have sooo been there....i got pregnant at 15 and the dad left me when i was 5 mo pregnant....first of all, i wish i could make you understand how important it is to focus on you as an individual and your baby......fuck him.....and honestly, you're better off leaving him alone....i spent 10 years of my life trying desperately to make things work....and still ended up having to strat from scratch at the age of 24....get back in school!....pm me, i have SO MUCH info for you!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• because he's the wrong guy for you, simple as that. if he were the one, the right one, wild horses couldn't drag him away.
    sorry, i know that's not what you want to hear.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I agree focus on school, career and your future, its hard but we don't need a man to keep us we as women can do it ourselves. Once your life starts moving forward a man will come back into it.
    Anonymous