mother in laws

sometimes i get vibes from my boyfriends family that they dont like me. i feel funny around them sometimes. when i ask my boyfriend or tell him that i dont think they like me he doesnt reassure me that they do like me. i dont know why i care so much about their opinions. i guess i just want them to like me because me and him are moving in together plus his family is also my sons other side of family. {me and my boyfriend have a kid together}what do i do. should i stop caring so much or what. i just want to be accepted into their family. do any of you have these problems?/ how do u handle it. i usually get the vibes from his big sister or really his mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• I would not care at all if you two love each other thats what matter my mother in law didnt like me at first cause my dh is a only child but she got over it and now knows she cant do anything about it
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• In-laws will never like you because they always think that he can do better and when he does they still think he can do better than that. DOn't worry too much about it and don't try so hard either. If they see you doing that they will take advantage of you. Just be yourself and as long as your boyfriend loves you, that's all that matters. They will respect you more if you don't try to please them out of your way.,
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I disagree that inlaws will never like you...that is just bullshit.. My BF parents love me, they know that there son is getting what he always deserved. I would want my inlaws to like me..
    Ok you and your boyfriend love eachother, but it is such an easier ride if everyone gets along and cares for eachother. Ask your BF the ? again about his parents, make sure that you get an answer and then I would take it from there.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• My in laws hated me at first because my ex husband was the only boy. And i was told by all that I would never be good enoguh for their son/brother. Well, when he left me for someone else, and I had their grandchild as well as his new girl, they all admitted to me that they liked me a whole lot better than her, and that they would do anything to have me back. Mostly because when conflict came up, I did my best to either stay out of a fight that was not mine, or I talked to thim about a problem they had with me..
    Mummyofone

Answer by Mummyofone at 12:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Plan and simple..... don't give a crap what they think. You're the luckiest person alive if you get along with your in laws. I think you have a better chance of winning the lottery than having cool in laws. I can't complain about mine. They seem to like me but their family is so close that when my hubby and I fight they put their two cents in too. Drives me insane! But..... when we aren't fighting they are super nice to me.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 12:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If there is tension between you and the in-laws, it's not a good thing. All that will do is put him in the middle and eventually you may feel some resentment on his part. My husband's family is pleasant enough, but there is some underlying tension on occasion and it leads to a lot of unneeded stress. My husband has even taken it upon himself to lie about things or withold things in hopes that it won't start something. I hope things work out differently for you.
    Anonymous