What is a sure fire way to keep my teenage daughter from getting pregnant?

It happened to me because I feel I wasn't educated enough about sex and the consequences. The guy was older, in his 20s, and said I wouldn't get pregnant and I believed him. Even though I have educated my daughter about sex and how guys will say or do anything, anything to get what they want, I am still afraid it's going to happen to us. I don't know what else to do, I would be devastaed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Teach her about RESPECT!!! Respect for herself, respect for her body, respect for others. Yes, sex feels good, but if you are having sex for the wrong reasons, you will wake up with "morning after regrets", and then she will try and feel better by having more sex and more regrets. If she learns to respect herself and love herself, she will not go looking for it in bed with some random guy.

You are doing the right thing. KEEP TALKING, and no matter what...don't get upset and yell at her. Make her feel comfortable coming to you and if you freak out, that won't happen.

BC will just be seen as your acceptance of her having meaningless sex and then you will be dealing with Herpes and other STDs instead of a baby. If you are going to teach her about BC..teach her CONDOMS!!!
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:33 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Tie to to her bed, or remove her uterus. Even BC is not 100%.
    Anonymous

• Put her on birth control. The shot maybe
    mom23girls541

Answer by mom23girls541 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Only SURE FIRE way to keep her from getting pregnant would be to lock her in a room and never let her out. But you can't do that, so teach her well and hope it sticks.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• lock her in a basement! Seriously though there is no sure fire way. Explain to her how hard it is to be a teen mom. Teach about abstiance and safe sex. Listen to her feelings answer her questions. Get to the guys she is with. Let her know she can trust you. Offer her birth control if she wants it. Cross you fingers, pray and hope for the best.
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• chastity belt? for real though, sounds like you've done what you can do. the rest is up to her
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Teach her about safe sex and put her on B.C.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• It is too bad that girls and sometimes boys think that it won't happen to them. It is good that you have dispelled myths that might mislead your daughter ( such as, the first time you won't get pregnant, or trust me, I'll pull out. ) The thing is that hormones are so strong that the kids quit thinking. If she seems to be having strong feelings toward a guy, I'd say birth control. Of course a con is that this might make her think it is OK. I don't know if a strong religious background would help. Or if strong feelings on her part about her own dignity and self-control might help. She should not be able to use the excuse that she was a victim. She should be strong and determined to not let herself get in the situation. But still, those hormones...

Answer by Bmat at 11:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i would not put your daughter on the shot. that shit is poison..pills should be enough..just explain to her that they arent 100% and you should always always use protection even while taking pills. take her to the doctor and let her make the decision on what would be a good form of bc. And do remind her that just because she is on it doesnt mean she gets to have sex. just tell her its best to start early so the stuff is in your system for when you ARE ready..later in the future. also tell her the pills will help period cramps
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Be a good example. Have her babysit really horrible, terrible kids to scare her!!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010