What would you do??

My son was 8 yrs old at the time. But I still want to know. I got a phone call from his teacher saying he got sexal harrasment today I was shocked and said WHAT DID HE DO!!! she said they where talking about what you can and cannot do at school and he said kiss the teacher. Well I fliped out on her sauing she is wrong for doing this and he is true you cant kiss the teacher. Am I right??? On this or is she just a BI***

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• How can they get sexual harassment on him for that? And he was 8? Grrrr, glad I wont have to deal with that kind of crap!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I agree, and it was a kiss. Not like he laid her out on the floor and forced a kiss on her. I had a crush on my 6th grade teacher and I probably would have kissed him if I had a chance lol. They take everything now a days and make it a bigger issue then it should be.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I think from what I get from it that they are overreacting BUT I am not sure how it was said. If he was saying it in a "harassing" manner then he should be in trouble but if he was just simply stating that then they are overreacting.
    Anonymous

• If the teacher was asking the question.....doesn't she expect a response? I think she was totally out of line calling it sexual harrassment. It almost seems like she was setting him up. I would be curious to know if anyone else gave her a response and got sexual harrassment tagged on them. I despise public school with a passion and I am so glad I homeschool now. I have thrown my fits of I want to quit, but it's things like this that remind me why I can hold on. Depending on what that label means in his school record or if it's even noted at his young age, I would fight to have it removed.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I did i went to the school aminastarighter cause I was pissed they removed it thank god and the I removed my son from the school and have him a great school now we even moved states I hated Utah now we live in great Texas lol
    Anonymous

• Well, there's the problem....you were in Utah. I lived in Utah for six years and that is the strangest place when it comes to sexual .... anything. I couldn't even wear a tank top without the neighbors thinking I was a hooker. The culture there is so restrictive, especially to a lady who was raised in the San Francisco area. Oh and I was a single mother by choice too. I'm going to hell. hehe.
    Anyway, it does sound like his answer was taken way out of context. He can't kiss the teacher. Duh, what a stupid lady. You did the right thing by getting a hold of the administrator. Your poor son, what a thing to have to deal with.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• That is so stupid, if she didn't like his answer she shouldn't have asked the question, you know what they say, out of the mouths of babes.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:03 AM on Oct. 28, 2008