• In the Spotlight:

How long does it take for your newborn baby's eye's to change color ?

Looking for the color of my baby's eyes

etchasketch

Asked by etchasketch at 11:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i heard that withint the first two years
    fire

Answer by fire at 11:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• My daughters are still changing and she is almost 5.. My Mom said mine didn't settle on one color until I was about 6.. My daughters have always had grey in them but they go from being blue to green to a little brown and start all over again.. These days they look more grayish green, but I'm not completely certain they're gonna stay this color.
    shamernadi

Answer by shamernadi at 11:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Usually, the color they are when they turn 1 is the color they will be for life. But that's just "usually". They can keep changing color throughout your life!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Three of my four children started out with light blue eyes and they stayed light blue until after there 2nd birthday then they turned light brown/hazel. I remember asking the doctor and he was surprised they changed so late!
    gatorgirl94

Answer by gatorgirl94 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• By 3 years of age. However people with Hazel eyes will always have changing eye colors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_color

mom2sophia711

Answer by mom2sophia711 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I read that within the first year you will have an idea of what color they will be but they can take up to 5 years to fully develop the pigment. I'm 26 and my eye color changes daily so you never know.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 12:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• My 9 and 11yos had very blue eyes. Then a couple of years ago I noticed that one of them had more gray and the other more green. I'm not sure when it happened, I think around 7 or 8.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• My eyes are cat green, not hazel or any shade of hazel/brown. Freaky Cat Green. I had blue eyes and have the pics to proove it till I was 9 years old. My older sister was born with blue eyes and she has brown eyes. Her's changed within 2 years of age.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• i asked the pediatrician the same question and he said by about 6 months, but he has seen a rare occasion where they changed at 9 months.
    susanjpt

Answer by susanjpt at 4:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I have heard that MOST babies' eyes will change around 6-8 months, but it can take up to 18 months. My neighbor's daughter's eyes changed right around the time of her first birthday! They went from baby blue to dark brown.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2008