What do you think?

So I finally had enough and said I was moving back to NY to be with family for the remainder of my pregnancy and for afterward as well. The BD also said I should move out but wanted me to stick around...of course for his conveniences and so it "wouldn't be hard for him" to see his child but wanted me to do everything on my own, but didn't give any care for what would be good for me. Now he's springing on me the joint custody issue...which he could have "looked into" before I even left...I'm sorry but OVER MY DEAD BODY...THAT CHILD IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITH OUT ME!

newirishmommy

Asked by newirishmommy at 12:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• In some states he is not eligible for joint since your not married and he lives in another state. What would be the point anyways? Joint means he can share medical and educational decisions with you if he is not in the same state that would be impossible. And with a newborn the mom has to be proven unfit for the baby to go live with the father for any amount of time. He will most likely have to come see the baby where you live. But, as soon as the baby is born you can get an emergency custody hearing and you will be given full custody until the formal hearing which is normally 30 days from the emergency agreement.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2008