What's the best meal you have made lately?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I made a pot of chili a couple of days ago served with sharp cheddar cheese and onions and corn muffins on the side.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The one my DH cooked tonight, because I'm sick and I didn't have to do it.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:48 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• i made an amazing beef stew...used McCormick's beef stew spice packet and rolled the chunks of beef in flour and then browned them in some oil before adding them...maybe thats how everyone does it ....i dont know but it was so so so good!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 11:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Tonight I made roast chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and home-style green beans with ham. For dessert we had chocolate cobbler. Oh - so - good!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• FUNNY dmbutler. My first reaction to the question was to think "When was the last time I ate something I didn't have to cook myself?" LOL. I love it when I don't have to eat my own cooking.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Southwestern black bean soup.
    So yummy, and easy, too!
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 2:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• brisket with oven roasted taters
    MamaMelMel

Answer by MamaMelMel at 3:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I do the same thing to my stew beef mamagee1218! I always flour and brown it first.

I made shredded pork sandwiches....basically like a sloppy joe but not with hamburger of course. I boiled two pork shoulders or maybe they were pork butts.....LOL and had several onions cut in quarters ( 4's ) and some added spices to the mix and let it cook til the meat fell apart with a fork ( about 6 hours simmering ) and then once done.. Let the meat sit.....and shredded it and added it into my bowl with bar-b-que sauce and served it warm with baked fries from the oven and shredded cheese on top.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:53 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• my husband does all the cooking - when the boys went off to college, i quit cooking - don't even go near the kitchen now - he also food shops, puts the food away and cleans up after meals - what a guy i have - for the past 46 years !!!! i know - i'm very lucky - he's one in a million!!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I visited my cousin in MI over the weekend and her husband made tacos that were fabulous. Then here kids made pumpkin pancakes the next day and..wow I thought I was a good cook!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:06 AM on Oct. 13, 2010