How did you prepare for the new baby?

lovebunny82709

Asked by lovebunny82709 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LOTS of reading, birth classes... mainly self-educating.
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I agree with doulala. Lots of educating myself, including watching peers of mine with kids (got a lot of "what NOT to do"s that way, too!). I didn't have strong feelings one way or another about a lot of issues until I started educating myself, and you will find that, too. You'll find yourself defending your choices tooth and nail. We have SO many decisions to make when a child enters our lives it makes your head spin.
    Another thing I did that I am SOOO glad I did was join a local moms group. I joined when I was 6 months pregnant, and they were (and are) fantastic. I've gotten so much support that way, and been able to bounce ideas off of moms, some with the same styles as me, some different, but it's helped me find the balance I want.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I read my favorite book month by month Pregnancy Sucks what to do when your miracle makes you miserable. I took a child birthing class so i would be prepared for exactly what would happen, other than that i carried on with life as normal until the baby shower when i got all the cute little outfits etc... then a month before the baby was born i scrubbed the whole house top to bottom, washed all his clothes and put them in drawyers. Set up his little crib and his room and made sure i had everything on the check list that i got from Target. Good luck!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• decorated her room tons of clothes and had everything...lol
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 3:24 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I got what to expect when expecting and a few others, went to birthing and breast feeding classes, and just tried to prepare things around the house with the babies room and everything. I tried to do a little yoga as well. Good luck to you and Congrats on your new baby.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I read EVERYTHING I could, had a journal/planner/organizer, cleaned and folded her clothes, crib was ready, car seat ready, I prayed, I talked to her as much as I could, and i just tried to stay calm and enjoy the last leg of the pregnancy.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2010