God in school

Ok so a friend of mine were talking about the end of times and I explained I don't believe in it and that one day sure....we could all be blown to pieces but that has nothing to do with the prophecy. I explained that if one would read the part clearly you can see that it was talking about then...not now. Anyway..a friend of hers posted on her status about Columbine is what happens when you take god out of school. I had to stop right there. It made me mad. It was such crap. What do you think?

JuJubean1979

Asked by JuJubean1979 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Religious Debate

• You asked for our thoughts.. are you sure you want to here the responses especially from Christians? Will it make you madder or more offended instead?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I think neither God nor lack there of had anything to do with Columbine or similar attacks! There were many aspects that built up and created the issues which lead to Columbine - none of which were related to God...

Frankly, if your friend wants God in school, tell her to send her children to Christian school...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I am not offended in any shape or form. Why would I post it if I was just going to get mad. Perhaps I am not seeing something and could learn? It made me mad that they said it was because god was taken out of school and that is why those kids did what they did. I simply do not agree. It is because people are just mean period. Have you ever been bullied?
    JuJubean1979

Comment by JuJubean1979 (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• exactly Sabrina. We can't sit here and say everything that has happened in our lives is because we walked away or do not believe in god. That is just insane to me. I am also so sick of hearing about the end of times. It is getting old. Every time an earthquake happens, gays get rights or whatever....people always say it is getting closer. Look, I could be wrong but here is my thought...it could happen however it doesn't mean it is because of some prophecy.
    JuJubean1979

Comment by JuJubean1979 (original poster) at 12:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My truth is the education system is to educate the basics of knowledge for life ahead that does not include religion. Everyone follows their own beliefs, has their own customs and culture and they are all different. If one is not a Christian and their children are not raised in that faith it is wrong to go against someone else faith and teach the belief that is your and not theirs. I don't hear anyone saying lets teach about ALL faiths and religions just Christian. That is saying that other religions, faiths and beliefs are wrong or not important. I am not christian and I am not pushing my faith on my children so why is it okay for someone else to push theirs? I think everyone should choose what is right for them when they are at the age or point to choose for themselves.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I could agree with you more Chevey. That is what it is really about here. Why is it ok to have a fit about not teaching the Christian faith but yet we are not allowed our own? Public schools are just that...public meaning there is a mixture of students with different backgrounds. People are having a fit because students were told to take their crosses off well what about kids being told not to wear a pentagon or something that has to do with their belief? You cannot justify yourself by saying god should be allowed in school when other beliefs cannot. That is not fair. You want god to be in school then go to the proper schooling for it. Simple as that.
    JuJubean1979

Comment by JuJubean1979 (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• well you kinda put two and two together...I mean the most successful country USA was founded upon God..and everything that was prophesied in the Bible is coming true...and when God is taken out of things...they go downhill...so I do not think it's mere coincidence..I believe in our Creator....It was even proven MORE so to me as I went through college in the classes...nothing was done in vain..it's all been created and I do think that if more people would try to live like God intended for us to...then the world WOULD be a better place..think about the 10 commandments...if EVERYONE abided by these...things would be 100% better.....
    Mommyof3yippey

Answer by Mommyof3yippey at 1:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• This country was not founded upon god. It was founded upon freedom......certainly not upon christianity only or god only as that would created the very thing they were fleeing from. OY!!!! How hard is that to understand?!

Columbine happened because of bullying and kids who had no guidance or parental involvement in their lives. They were lost and unhappy and looking for ways to make a statement. It was an incredibly sad and tragic event. To pin it all on "absence of god" is a friggin cop out and a way to walk away from the REAL problems of this world. We could all bury our heads in the sand and rely on "god", but yea, I'd like to see where THAT would lead us LOL!! NO WHERE FAST.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:02 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Honestly, I think it has more to do with Stephen king's short story (written under the name Richard Bachman) called Rage. Even he felt so guilty about giving kids the idea that the story is no longer in print.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I didn't know that IHartU....interesting.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2010