Weight loss...need I say more?

Okay mamas, I need a little advice. I've had three kids, all ranging from 6 months-5 years. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to lose any weight. I don't eat anything after dinner so no prob there, but I have trouble finding time to exercise unless it's after 9 at night and then all I wanna do is relax. I'm 5'4'' and weigh 195. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks mamas!

Mommy_In_Love

Asked by Mommy_In_Love at 12:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• start small. take walks to begin and work from there. watch your portions, there is nothing wrong with making your plate the same amount as your 5 year old. eat small frequent meals thoughout the day. be ready to change your whole life and eating habits, not just dieting. take it from a mom steady losing after being 5'1'' 220lbs. GL
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Weight watchers is awesome! I was 296 the day before i delivered and then got down to to 240 in 6 months on weight watchers. I followed it to the t and deffinately wanted the weight off. I also got a wii fit program and after my kids were in bed i would get on that and try to burn atleast 200 calories a night and well it worked pretty good until baby number 3 showed his mark on the pregnancy test. you don't actually have to join weight watchers, you can buy the books and the calculator stuff on e-bay, joining a group is just extra support. If you have the will power and you think you can control your portions you will be fine! Hey anything is worth a shot and i used to do weight watchers constantly before the kids! Good luck!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 12:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I lost my weight by just climbing stairs up & down
    A11

Answer by A11 at 6:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Here is a bump for you, mama.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 8:58 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Thanks ladies! Day one, so far so good. Although, I do have a craving for chocolate but I hopefully I can resist the urge lol. Walked 1/2 mile this morning. I know that doesn't seem like much, but it wore me out! Guess I'm pretty outta shape ;)
    Mommy_In_Love

Comment by Mommy_In_Love (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I have a major sweet tooth! So I've lost some weight, by cutting soda (my complete addiction!), I just stopped buying it, and candy out of my diet while I lose the weight. When I get a crazy craving, I drink lots of cold water, and it kinda fills me up, gets my mind off the sugar! It really works for me. I agree with A11 I also climb my stairs here and it really helps. Plus by drinking cold water, your body burns calories just trying to bring it to body temperature....Good Luck!
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 5:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• calculate your BMR and how many calories you should eat in a day.

i lost most of my weight by counting calories.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Well start by walking. Then drink more water and then exercise. Try to do a little more every day. Forgive your self if you stray. Try to be good. But one mistake does not make a failure. I am doing the south beach diet. My cardiologist recommended it. I am in a different place than you. I need to loose for health issues. So I am motivated to be healthy. The deal is in your mind you need to be in the place to be healthier.
    Try something like putting half of the food on your plate. Portion control is very helpful. Weight watchers is a great plan too. One tiny baby step at a time.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010