is it time for a big girl bed for my baby?

my oldest daughter got a twin size bed and so my baby got her old toddler bed. i wasn't sure if it was the right time to start her on a toddler bed. she is only 16 months old but she is always wanting to sleep on her sisters beds so i figured i would give it a try but i'm keeping the crib in there until i know she completely ready. the first day at nap time well that didn't go over well. but that night when it was time for bed she was all for it. the next day it was good she slept in the big girl bed for nap and bedtime. the day after that she slept in the bed for nap time but not for bedtime but i don't know if it's got to do with who puts her to bed. most of the time i do it but if my husband puts her to bed its different she doesn't like going to sleep right away. (some times she does that with me to but not as much.) so do you think she is ready for a big girl bed or not? let me know what you think.

mama3g2s

Asked by mama3g2s at 12:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes she is ready just take out the crib and be constant with her when she gets outa bed my son went to a toddler bed at 13 months and he loves it... gl if she likes to get up
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 12:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If she's staying put and actually going to sleep most of the time, she's ready.
    I know my 27 month old is not ready but that's my child, not yours. My little girl would be a jack-in-the-box, constantly out of bed and playing. Naps would go bye-bye. Bedtime would be a running battle that lasted for hours. I'd hear her up and playing at 3 or 4 in the morning. So, my daughter is still in her crib.
    Knowing YOUR child is the most important thing. How old they are when they switch isn't important at all. Congrats on what sounds like a farily painless switch!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• All of my boys were taken out of the crib at 15 or 16 months. They were too close to the height limit of the crib to leave them in it any longer. (our crib had a height limit of 35 inches)

If she's shown she can do it, why not let her do it? Get rid of the crib so she's no longer confused and thinks she has a choice of where to sleep. If she begins to get out of bed, walk in, pick her up without a word and put her back then walk out. She'll get it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:43 AM on Oct. 29, 2008