Would you

would you forgive the person who killed your child?

dement

Asked by dement at 1:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope! It wasn't my child but I was a child in 1989 when my father was murdered i was 5 years old and the guy who killed him has been on death row in the state of ohio for about 21 years now and his execution date is November of 2011 and I will be there to watch him be executed. I would feel just as strongly if not more strongly if it was one of my children, i can honestly say if it was one of my children i think i might be in jail because i've got an Irish temper. Forgiveness just isn't in my blood for a killer!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• no hell no way i wouldnt forgive ever
    mama2010B

Answer by mama2010B at 1:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• My first instinct is to say no, of course not. But how can I truly answer that when I've never been in that situation? I've heard that you forgive to set yourself free not the other person. I would think that amount of hatred and anger would eat you alive. But just the pure thought of someone killing my child makes me want to go crazy.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 1:21 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Nope.
    MmmmMamaBear

Answer by MmmmMamaBear at 1:43 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I know that they say that you should forgive but in the case of my child.. I would never forgive them. I wouldn't want to ever see them or hear for them... I would never want anything to do with them period.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 1:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• couldnt forgive someone hurting my child in a bad way
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 2:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• never how cud anyone
    A11

Answer by A11 at 6:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• no and I would torture and kill them accident or not thats unforgiveable
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Never, especially if it was done on purpose (an accident, I might, but it would take a long time getting to that point). I've never understood the concept of people forgiving their child's murderer. I don't even understand why death row inmates are given last rites. I don't think they deserve it.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2010