Tips for traveling with two cakes?

I'll have to travel two hours with my son's birthday cake. I don't want it to get damaged and I will have to put it in the fridge until Saturday. Tips?

SaraP1989

Asked by SaraP1989 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• eat them
    maymummy

Answer by maymummy at 1:05 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• put them in a big cooler if you have them, and make sure it;s packed well around the sides so they aren't sliding around inside the cooler

make sure the cooler is in the car in a way that it won't be sliding around in your trunk or wherever you place it

don't do any car-related movie stunts while driving :)
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 1:08 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• if they are putting any decorative stuff on it tell them to leave it off and you will put it on the cake yourself. buy some icing for touch up in case the cake gets knocked around
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• maymummy - LMAO!! That's cute!

OP - This is what I had my DH do with my dd's sheet cake for her birthday earlier today: Hopefully the cake comes in a cake box. If not, ask for one. Then, take a little bigger but not too big box - like a moving box and put it in there. Then strap the moving box with the cakes inside into the back passenger seat but not in the middle.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I don't have a cooler here. I was thinking about putting them on my floor board and surrounding them with pillows...Lol
    SaraP1989

Comment by SaraP1989 (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Ooooo...I do have a moving box though! Thanks!
    SaraP1989

Comment by SaraP1989 (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• yVw
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• GET A CARDBOARD BOX AND CREATE A WEDGE ON BOTH ENDS PUT A CARDBOARD PEACE UNDER AND LAST BRING FROSTING, GOODLUCK
    DIAMONDDEE021

Answer by DIAMONDDEE021 at 7:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2010